Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #1 
nunuchan

College Kids!

Hey there! I've noticed that about 10% of the people in my dorm have betta fish (almost all purchased from the Petsmart two miles from campus, including mine) and that leads me to believe that there is a multitude of us students on this forum. =D

Post fun little quips about college life or funny things like about how you gave up two meals so you could buy more water conditioner for your betta!

Name your University/College and Major
Arizona State, Biological Sciences/Pre-Med!
nunuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #2 
TaylorW

Hi, I'm a college student! :D

Hmm, something funny... I had to ask my roommate if I could keep frozen fish food in our mini-fridge XD

Morehead State University, Psychology Major! :)
TaylorW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #3 
Blaxicanlatino

i dont live in a dorm but i am a student at a college :D
theres a petsmart not far at all from the college so i tend to go there often for fish food or cheap stuff.
funny stories regarding my fish and school....ummm...er.... i got nothin T_T
Blaxicanlatino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #4 
Jupiter

College student-renting a room though, not on campus.

Oh food...sometimes when I see a handsome guy I HAVE to have, I'll fork over some food money. I've got sacks of sunflower seeds in my room as backup food, lol.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #5 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I am in school starting January, but I rent out the basement at my parents.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 AM   #6 
nunuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorW View Post
Hi, I'm a college student! :D

Hmm, something funny... I had to ask my roommate if I could keep frozen fish food in our mini-fridge XD

Morehead State University, Psychology Major! :)
Lol I had to do the same. She had a betta and she didn't really think that I was gonna go "nutso" over hers and mine and buy water conditioner and frozen bloodworms and the works.

What sucks is that for whatever reason I'm not allowed to take care of her friend's betta right now (the little guy is with us over the break).... She says its for some experiment of hers. It's a royal blue veiltail in a glass bowl. She doesn't change the water (it's only been changed once all semester) and she feeds it only once every so often... I put a plant in there when I insisted on doing a water change...

OOOOOMG I'm so worried about the little guy >,<
Old 12-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #7 
Tsuhei

I'm a college student as well... graduated with my BA from Le Cordon Bleu earlier this year...unfortunately my passion has been my downfall lately..so I'm going back to school for an AAS in Police Science (Criminal Justice Major) with a minor certificate in Victimology at Mesa Community College.

I currently live at home, not in a dorm to save money (Le Cordon Bleu is actually a huge scam, guys...don't let your friends get suckered in).

In Summary:

Mesa Community College, Police Science & Victimology
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #8 
Neelie

i studied for one year then left because the course isnt what i wanted. was renting an apartment for myself and my fish. the LFS was only 5min walk and at break time i always went down to see the new fish shipment lol i always reserved fish for the evening when i was finished with college and could collect the new beauties lol

studied automobile engineering, limerick IT
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:22 AM   #9 
nunuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
I'm a college student as well... graduated with my BA from Le Cordon Bleu earlier this year...unfortunately my passion has been my downfall lately..so I'm going back to school for an AAS in Police Science (Criminal Justice Major) with a minor certificate in Victimology at Mesa Community College.

I currently live at home, not in a dorm to save money (Le Cordon Bleu is actually a huge scam, guys...don't let your friends get suckered in).

In Summary:

Mesa Community College, Police Science & Victimology
Yeah, so we live within miles of eachother. Odd lolol I would say that we should set up a betta playdate, but my betta doesn't play well with other betta.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #10 
purplemuffin

I'm a college student! I live in apartment style dorms, we each have rooms and we have a full kitchen! I'm a sophomore.. One of my roommates had a betta, but she graduated! I did teach her some stuff about betta care, though.. Once she has some money she plans to update her betta to a bigger tank! My fish was bought back home, so he hasn't seen the college life yet... Starting in January he will be joining me for his first semester of college! ;)

Savannah College of Art and Design, Illustration major (Minoring in concept art)
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote