Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #1 
FallenMessiah

Unhappy Raging...

When it comes to me about keeping fish it seems I know absolute crap all. And my brother reminds me wheneva the subject of my betta comes up and seems to say that my little knowledge of fish keeping is a load of crap, just tonight he was patronizing me about my water test kits saying that ya only need them for salt water set ups. If I wasn't stressed enough about my poor fish in the first place :( tonight it seems I'm only capable of caring for a cat cause he's the only one of my pets that seems to be happy no matter what I do.

At least the Oscar has settled in nice and isn't phased in the slightest about the move. Only problem is that it's only got the bare essentials. Tank. Water. Filter and heater. Otherwise it's quite a happy fish.
FallenMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #2 
shinybetta

Water test kits are VERY useful for freshwater!
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #3 
fishman12

Your brother shouldn't make remarks about something he doesn't know about. How rude.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #4 
Alex09

I think you mentioned the same thing about cycling. Don't listen to him. He obviously isn't very informed himself. You just have to do a Google search to prove him wrong. I would suggest you just ignore him from now on. Your brother sounds like someone with minimal pet-store type training.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

I get it too. My brother is a saltwater jerk and so are his co-workers...bettas aren't "beginner fish". Y'know his fish almost died during a short car ride but mine can get lost in the mail and suvive...yeah which one is better.

BTW it's good you freak out over your fish, don't listen to him ;)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #6 
Creat

Saltwater people make me laugh they think just because they have to handle a billion things at once they are better. To be honest I have cared for a small saltwater setup and it isnt as much fun because of all the stress to keep it running as a huge planted freshwater tank with a betta in it is simple to care for and I think looks a billion times better. And I use water tests all the time for my tanks idiot.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #7 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Saltwater people make me laugh they think just because they have to handle a billion things at once they are better. To be honest I have cared for a small saltwater setup and it isnt as much fun because of all the stress to keep it running as a huge planted freshwater tank with a betta in it is simple to care for and I think looks a billion times better. And I use water tests all the time for my tanks idiot.
Exactly. They can worry about their fish in a short car ride but I know mine are fine in a USPS box in the mail :P
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #8 
FallenMessiah

Yeah he's got a few tanks himself, even an 8 foot tank (that was fun to put in the house....had to take out the window to get the thing in >.>) i got the Oscar from him.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #9 
JKfish

Your brother obviously knows cow feces about freshwater fish husbandry. If necessary think of him as a mis-informed LFS employee, you know, the kind that insists bettas are "puddle fish" or "Japanese fighting fish". If he says something that seriously makes you doubtful, ask us, I'm willing to bet we collectively know more about freshwater fish than he does.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #10 
FallenMessiah

Yeah, apparently he says he hasnt lost a fish yet. but still. He wont listen to me anyways.

i have another friend of the family that i ask as well he when i asked him to check out my Betta be bought a whole lot of test kits lol he even has a salt water set up too