Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #11 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvolti View Post
What baylee said, Sure looks like Marble to me. It could be the light but comparing your Avatar to those pics the colors look slightly different.

As for the plant it looks like Anacharis? If it is it may not be getting enough light in the corner. You may need to move it somewhere it can get more light. They can sometimes also need fertalizer if the water isn't giving them enough nutrients.

Uh... Once again you guys keep telling me Marble but... is that rare... is that a good trait... and can I stop panicking?

Also the plant... The Java Fern came packed in Plant... Gell that the guy said is safe for fish maybe throw a small amount (Cleaned of dirt) in the water so some nutrients soak in?

Yes thats the plants name... yes... they both just seem to be withering... ones falling apart, ones leaves are just like... shriveling up, and the largest is darkening...

So... can I get maybe one or two more 'HE'S A MARBLE' quotes from members like 'OldLadyFish' and stuff... not that I don't trust anyone, you all know more than me but you know...

Once again... is this good?
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #12 
bettafish15

Yup, I'd say he's a marble. No need to panic or nothin'. :) He's gorgeous *-* Mines a marble too :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #13 
DormDrax

And because I used my good camera instead of my terrible phone camera... how does he look otherwise?
... *Glares* Aside from the eye... Last night had a friend yell at me about it.

Friend Last night: "Dude! You've had this fish almost a month and you haven't noticed his eye! Whats wrong with you! Your fish is sick dude!"

Me: *Eye Twitch*

Friend Last night: "No wonder your dog is so decrepit if this is how you treat your pets!"

Me: *SLUGS*

Fact 1: Drax has been like that since I got him.
Fact 2: I've tried multiple treatments not all of which I've mentioned such as Betta revive, and salting, and pristine water.
Fact 3: I think it's scaled over but he can still see out of it ok-ish and he still moves it.
Fact 4: It's NEVER gotten worse.
Fact 5: It's only gotten slightly better.
Fact 6: It's probably permanent.
Fact 7: If you asked Drax he'd probably say "I have a bad eye? O.o?"

Fact 8: My dog is 15 >.> of course she's decrepit... she has bad back legs and has trouble getting up and getting down and up stairs other than that she's fine. She gets snuggled many times a day, fed a proper diet and is helped out when she needs to go out and come back in... fun fact is that I think she's held on so long is because she KNOWS how much we love her and how much we help her... she's pretty much the queen haha. Also we've been to the vet she's not in any pain XP

Last edited by DormDrax; 12-26-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #14 
DormDrax

*Tapping foot*

All I want is just a few more "Yeah he's fine."
Old 12-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #15 
bettafish15

Yeah he's fine. ;D
Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #16 
baylee767

Okay... Yeah he's fine
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #17 
Akzeal

I hardly know for a fact, but he does seem to be changing colors like a marble. It's not a harmful trait, though I guess it can be annoying if you liked the original color better. And the pink spot is an exact match for other parts of his body, so, yeah. ^^
Akzeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #18 
bettafish15

Some marbles turn lighter, some turn darker (like mine is getting black on his head and body, whereas before he was all orange, with iridicent blue on the fins) but either way, I've seen some EPIC color changes :D It's a good thing, so dont worry about it ^^
Old 12-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #19 
Malvolti

Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
Uh... Once again you guys keep telling me Marble but... is that rare... is that a good trait... and can I stop panicking?
Yes you can stop panicking...for now

There will always be SOMETHING to panick about when Bettas are involved

Marble is a harmless genetic trait, it means the genes that determine his color and pattern are unstable and constantly fluctuate. The fish doesn't know any different, only you will.

It isn't exactly a rare trait, just uncommon. I believe it is estimated 1 in 10 Bettas are marbles. Some people go out of their way to try and find marbles, some people don't like them (they want the fish to stay the same as when they bought it). It's all about personal preference.

As for the plant I can't tell you much more than I have. Around here the shops don't use any "gel". Plants are just anchored in some gravel, you point and say "That one!" and it's pulled out and put in a bag with some water. The only thing I can suggest is moving it to a better lit portion of the tank and try buying some root tabs. I can't imagine the gel is good for the fish though.

And the eye, if you've done everything you can and Drax isn't bothered by it I don't see a problem. It may just be another genetic distinction (I don't belive in abnormalities, nothing is wrong necessarily, just different) for him.

Last edited by Malvolti; 12-26-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #20 
DormDrax

The tank is fully LIT LED's... it gets SOME indirect light from window...

Also I just performed (HEHEHE without waking up my dad (Whose room is next to mine) a 100% water change because the plant was shedding leaves. So I took them all out, clipped bad areas... cleaned... droopy areas... moved them to different spots and prayed.

MAN does Drax hate being moved >.> He just sat in the vase and went in circles constantly if he could talk he was probably cussing me out XD. Used a water siphon gravel vac... thing to get the water in a bucket. Wow ALOT of leaves that I didn't even know were in that bucket! Probably the ammonia is going up too now...

Also rinsed the blue thingy in the filter... lightly it's developing sludge. Kinda brown... kinda icky... guessing thats GOLD in the filter world?