Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #1 
ChelseaK

Idiots at PetLand...

So, my friend bought me two males from Petco, and the red one, Scuba Steve, came with Ich. I treated him, he's still having some problems, but he's definitely better (but it would be nice to get him out of his hospital jar!) Well, I decided I'd go in there myself, I'd never been there. Big mistake.

It was fun to look at the other animals and the puppies and what not, but once I got to the tropical fish, I felt sick. Of course they had a bunch of male bettas in those small jars, I expected that. But they also had some in larger tanks with just one pleco. One betta had gotten tangled in some floating plant (that I think was fake) and had died. One was COVERED in ich. I mean absolutely covered. I couldn't believe that they had that fish out for sale and weren't treating it. So I found the lady that was by the fish section (hiding behind the saltwater tanks texting) She also had a snake on her head...?

Anyway, I told her that my friend had purchased a fish and given it to me and it had ich. Before I could even finish what I was saying she says "Yep, yep that's normal. They all get it because they are stressed. It will just go away after awhile."....??????
I told her that I saw one in a tank that was covered and she sad "Ya, it's okay". I then asked her if she knew where the fish were coming friend and she said "I have no idea. I just know they come in a truck in a box. That's all I know."
Well it's great to know that they know about their products. I will never go to that store again. I was not impressed.
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #2 
nunuchan

Blech >,< Why do these people work there... I honestly think you should write in to the manager at that branch. Don't threaten, but mention that you will be checking in on the fish to make sure.
(I'm doing the same for a Walmart. Beautiful orange dalmation half moon was in one inch of water as were all of the other betta >,<)
nunuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:36 AM   #3 
Neelie

i would have slapped her in her arrogant face lol.

its so sad that ppl that actually dont like what they're doing work in pet shops. its the animals that suffer...
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #4 
tsoto80

you could have reported her for texting on her phone and not taking care of the fish
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #5 
Jupiter

Oh brother. You should complain...who hires these people, anyway? You think you'd need to actually know SOMETHING about your job before you get hired.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #6 
ChelseaK

I feel like I should do something, but then again, maybe I could apply there? Haha. I am looking for a job.... :p Just kidding, that place made me feel so sick, I don't think I'll ever go back.

@nunuchan, how did you have that kind of luck at a Walmart??? I'm lucky to see a Crowntail of any color at mine!
ChelseaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #7 
LikeDiscoSuperfly

I think if anything, you should atleast clal and say she gave horirble customer service and was texting. I dont get why they hire people like that, hire people that atleast LIKE fish or HAVE fish.. sheesh.
LikeDiscoSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #8 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeDiscoSuperfly View Post
I think if anything, you should atleast clal and say she gave horirble customer service and was texting. I dont get why they hire people like that, hire people that atleast LIKE fish or HAVE fish.. sheesh.
agreed
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #9 
fishman12

It's just to bad...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Customer service is bad everywhere. I remember going to Penneys with my Mom one time and we were looking for something, I can't remember what, and my Mom saw a couple of people who worked there just standing around talking and laughing. She asked them where whatever it was we were looking for was and they just gestured in some direction and said it's over there.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote