Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #1 
captainmoby

Captain Moby wont eat!

hi everyone! I've had Captain Moby for only three days now (he was a Christmas present from my boyfriend) but he wont eat! he gave me top fin color enhancing pellets and anytime i feed him some he'll eat maybe one then spit it right back out. how can i get him to eat? The man at the store told us to feed him 10 pallets daily so i did that for two days but then i read online i should only feed him 3 pellets twice daily. maybe hes just sick from being over feed? also when i got him he had a small hole in one of his fins is that ok?

ahhh please help! thank you!
captainmoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #2 
Malvolti

A) I love the name.

B) Watch the hole in his fin, if it starts growing it could be fin rot. If it doesn't or disappears he's fine.

C) 2-3 pellets twice daily is perfect or 3-4 pellets once a day works. A betta can go a little while without food so after three days you don't need to panick yet. Bettas tend to be creatures of habit when it comes to their food. It often takes a while for a Betta to get hugry enough to try a new type. If after a week he still refuses to eat the pellets you can try soaking for a minute or two in garlic.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote