Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #11 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
It can heat up the water to untolerable temperatures. ;)
Ah! See I knew it would warm the water but I thought (Not that Drax's tank is by a window... well he is but it doesn't get much light) it couldn't possibly do much damage.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #12 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
Ah! See I knew it would warm the water but I thought (Not that Drax's tank is by a window... well he is but it doesn't get much light) it couldn't possibly do much damage.
Glad I reminded everyone! xD
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #13 
JaspersANGEL

So should I drop that idea of having an Ikea tank stand and see if I can find a nice one from Petsmart?

Yea and some stray drop's of water..I must admit, being the clut's I am..while doing water changes..there is more water on the desk then in the tankx.
So water damage is a factor.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #14 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaspersANGEL View Post
So should I drop that idea of having an Ikea tank stand and see if I can find a nice one from Petsmart?

Yea and some stray drop's of water..I must admit, being the clut's I am..while doing water changes..there is more water on the desk then in the tankx.
So water damage is a factor.
Do what I did... because the old dresser is from my Uncles old Bedroom set (When he was little and it's expensive) my mom put plastic under the tanks and has it come out a good few inches on each side... Type? I dunno it's the type of plastic I think Grandparents use to cover furniture or small end tables to keep them from getting water stains from drink glasses...
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #15 
JaspersANGEL

Yea I know what u mean DormDrax.. I'll do that and I think I'll talk to my mom about getting a nice wide black fish stand from petsmart or something.

But I still need advice on how to move the fish and tankx..this will also help when I'll have to move them again when we reno. the upstair's?
And by move I'm thinking takin the fish out, draining the tankx, moving the tankx downstair's for a couple days.
How will I make the fish comfortable?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #16 
bettafish15

Quote:
Yea I know what u mean DormDrax.. I'll do that and I think I'll talk to my mom about getting a nice wide black fish stand from petsmart or something.

But I still need advice on how to move the fish and tankx..this will also help when I'll have to move them again when we reno. the upstair's?
And by move I'm thinking takin the fish out, draining the tankx, moving the tankx downstair's for a couple days.
How will I make the fish comfortable?

When I switched tank stands, I put my betta in a little 1 gallon critter keeper i had, and he was fine in a warm room throughout the switch. I also put dark clothes around the tank, leaving enough space for air to get in. :)
Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #17 
JaspersANGEL

Ah ok! Will do!!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #18 
bettafish15

Quote:
Ah ok! Will do!!
To get him into the critter keeper, I waited until he was at the top of the tank, and swooped down. That way he has his tank water, and it's less stressful for them then being chased down by a net ;D
Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #19 
shinybetta

I have mine under a window and everything is fine. My tanks don't get much natural light from the window though.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote