Oh, ok.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #22 
baylee767

Go with cories!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #23 
Alex09

Cories!!!! look at them interacting with bettas :P It's too cute!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkd12eyyo6M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydnPchgyQ3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqMTRllDAPw

Last edited by Alex09; 12-28-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:59 AM   #24 
scootshoot

I would go with community. Part of the fun of fishkeeping is seeing how fish interact with other species. Just do your research on fin nippers

Far as suggestions, definitely want some Ghost Shrimp. They are relatively cheap (50c a pop) and are interesting little creatures and make good scavengers. Just make sure you have some hiding places for them to roam around at the bottom.

Last edited by scootshoot; 12-29-2010 at 02:03 AM.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #25 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootshoot View Post
I would go with community. Part of the fun of fishkeeping is seeing how fish interact with other species. Just do your research on fin nippers

Far as suggestions, definitely want some Ghost Shrimp. They are relatively cheap (50c a pop) and are interesting little creatures and make good scavengers. Just make sure you have some hiding places for them to roam around at the bottom.

Oh fine... Cories it is... *Huffs because he wanted Loaches but they would just be added work for his mom who will have to feed them when he goes back to school*... I'll still do the water changes on the weekends so it's not like I'll be gone till summer haha plus my mom has really become fond of the tank and Drax she'll probably enjoy doing it.

ANYWAY... wouldn't Ghost Shrimp just escape using that Submerged Vine I have? ... then be found dead all around me room... *Shivers at the thought of waking up one morning and finding Dead Ghost Shrimp all over him (Tank is just a few feet away from my bed).

Whats types of Cories are the most... fun would you say? Or... in my case... the most Ditzy/Humorous/Downright ya end up giggling every now and then watching them?

How many, can I have different types of Cories? Etc

Last but not least...

DRAX UPDATE... I forgot to feed him last night (Actually really mad at himself for forgetting).
I was in the basement and had started reading 'Dr. No' by Ian Flemming and got lost in it >,<
I don't want to feed him now and throw his feeding off track.
Which is around... few hours from now is normal breakfast for him.
He had already had 4 pellets yesterday his last at about 4pm.
Just I told my mom. "Yeah don't worry I'll check on him in abit..." Then I cracked open the book and well... yeah here I am >,<

Is he gonna hate me?

Oh I know Betta's and ya can fast them but he's such a greedy guy and already having restricted his eating maybe he thinks I'm starving him now

Why do I get the feeling your all going to just end up finding this post heartwarming that I got worked up so much over something thats probably NO big deal at all >,>

Also tidbit... AQ Salt and Epsom salt... I've been sorta putting a few TSP's of each in his tank every now and then (Don't worry I know about how salt builds up and doesnt go away etc). Or should I just use one or the other?
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #26 
Alex09

Cories all act the same (or pretty much the same) but you should try to keep several of only one type. In a 10 gal you can keep a minimum of 3 and a max of no more that 6 I guess (Or things can get crowded). 4-5 would be a good number. The more the better! It depends on how much you are willing to do water changes. When you get them you will have to get them some food. You can get special catfish sinking bellets. Mine like Wardley's shrimp pellets and any flake food the platies didnt manage to devour on the way down. Keep in mind that your betta will probably attempt (and probably succeed) in stealing a few bites lol. If this is the case then you may want to cut down on the pellets or Drax will get chunky Oh and for the sinking pellets be careful, its very easy to overfeed on those. In my tank, a single pellet (or 2 small ones) feeds 3 cories, 4 platies, and a female betta. They actually double in size once they absorb water. My 10 gal is a little bit overstocked but because the fish have different swimming levels it is not too crowded. Plus I have a strong filter, a bunch of plants, and do fairly large water changes (50% once a week) I can keep up with the bio-load.

*SLAPS*
YOUR BETTA WILL BE FINE. THEY CAN GO SEVERAL DAYS WITHOUT FOOD! YOU ARE SMOTHERING THE POOR GUY WITH TOO MUCH LOVE!

My fish dont have a rigid feeding schedule. I just feed them once a day... Sometimes in the afternoon, sometimes at night, sometimes late at night lol.

Last edited by Alex09; 12-29-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #27 
scootshoot

Unliike crabs, Ghost shrimp cannot move outside of water. I noticed this when a petsmart employee accidentally let a ghost shrimp outside his net when he was dumping them into the bag.

It flopped over on it's side as its skinny legs could not hold his body up without the aid of water.......
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #28 
vaygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post

*SLAPS*
YOUR BETTA WILL BE FINE. THEY CAN GO SEVERAL DAYS WITHOUT FOOD! YOU ARE SMOTHERING THE POOR GUY WITH TOO MUCH LOVE!

My fish dont have a rigid feeding schedule. I just feed them once a day... Sometimes in the afternoon, sometimes at night, sometimes late at night lol.
This. Same here. In fact, I think they'd be shocked if they got fed at the same time every day. Actually I lie. I feed Tango and Huey twice a day sometimes but Tango is still very skinny and Huey is a metabolism monster.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote