Originally Posted by crezelda
hmm so i got my water tested, you guys told me to get it written down, but it was colour thingies. they didnt test ammonia but the nitrates/nitrites? were fine, but my PH was high. bleh luckally i read another thread saying theyre hardy for the PH. I just hope my clam will be okay, i've been feeding just a teeny smidgeon extra so the clam gets leftovers, but i'll see what else i can do. I splurged and got one of those stupid leaf hammocks, but he still likes to sleep against the heater ( hey i used to do that as a kid to, have a blanket trap the air duct heat and snuggle up..was nice)
any cheap treats bettas like? im very poor, but if it's cheap i like to get a little something extra
I'd urge you to buy a test kit and test your ammonia, if your LFS doesn't test it for you. I'd be a lot less concerned about a high PH (mine is very high), as fish get used to it. They don't get used to high ammonia or nitrites -- they just die
Not sure what they meant when they told you nitrites and notrates were 'OK'. Nitrites (like ammonia) should be zero. Nitrates could be upto 20PPM. If anything's over that, then do 50% water changes, at least every second day...
PS -- not sure about how to look after clams. How do you feed them?