Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #1 
AngelicScars

Eventful day

I went to Petco today to see if I could find the one. Well, they had the SAME fish from a week or so ago. It looked like their water hasn't been changed. I'm a bit disappointed since this is a Petco that used to take good care of their betta.

Well, there was 3 guys there I liked last time. They were still there. I went ahead and brought one home. I didn't want to come back in a week and see him floating. I would have gotten one or two more had I had the money.

Anyway, I THINK he has some dragon in him? He's a double tail halfmoon Plakat. I took some pics of him in his cup. I'm going to acclimate him to the tank and takes some pics after he settles in. I'll post pics soon!
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #2 
xswornxoffxjello

He sounds beautiful! It's too bad that the Petco tere is taking worse care of its fish though. :/
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #3 
Fawnleaf

Good for you! It's nice you can get your little fishies spontaneously. Today, I saw GORGEOUS dragon plakats in my petco, but I am not allowed to get another betta.
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #4 
Sweeda88

I saw a poor little red Betta in my LFS that had been tail biting. I mentioned it to one of the staff, but he said it probably was still "growing it's tail in". On the plus side, I saw a BEAUTIFUL red Betta with the longest pectoral fins ever! They were as long as a normal Betta's ventrals. I'm thinking of getting the poor tail biter on Friday if he's still there. He probably won't be gone. Most people wouldn't get a tail biter. I really don't want another red Betta, but I don't want the poor baby to be stuck in that little container that's stressing him out, either. I'm just afraid that if I get him, that I'll regret getting another red fish.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #5 
AngelicScars

I saw a delta tail there that looked like a tail-biter. He was white and clear....I'm thinking he's a marble since that's how my girl looked before she grew, then she had little black spots on her randomly LOL!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 PM   #6 
Dragonlady

That is awesome. I can't wait to see pictures!
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #7 
AngelicScars

Pics are posted in the pic section for anyone who hasn't seen them!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #8 
AngelicScars

I'm not used to having a male betta! LOL!

He has been exploring the tank, flaring at this and that, and playing in the filter current. He's a little nut.

I tried to feed him today, but he's still a bit leery with me. I left the food in there and it disappeared, I'm hoping he ate it and it didn't fall to the bottom of the tank.