Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2010, 04:43 PM   #11 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflores View Post
you are right, all you did was enforce the neglect there... it might be difficult, but you have to walk away and not purchase from those places.... as a consumer the only real power we have is our buying power.
Do you know how much I paid for her? 1.99. 2 dollars for the life of an animal. You can find that much money on the street. They don't care. When she died, they'd just replace her. If I didn't buy her someone else would have, or she would have died. "Excuses," people say, but it's the honest truth. At least I will send in a letter of complaint, which is more than 99% of the world's population would do. That one letter will do more than simply walking away. But I don't regret my decision. Sitting here, watching her play in her new tank... I know I did the right thing. Like the starfish story... I saved this one.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #12 
Jupiter

Good luck with her, CR! I know she'll perk up with some of your TLC-can't wait to see pics.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #13 
tsoto80

I do not understand why these stores are over stocking on bettas if they do not sell. Walmart does the same thing. About a week or so ago I notice they got a new shipment of bettas in.( I was caseing the aisle for a couple day straight) Most of had around 30! Can you believe the water was already nasty?! The water was "clear" but with all the uneaten food at the bottom was making it look bad. How can that be if they are brand new? I went back two days ago and the water was worse and not many were sold. What is the purpose they are just loosing money.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:01 AM   #14 
CodeRed

I wonder the same thing. Sometimes they have the same bettas for months, so why keep replacing them when no one seems to want them?
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:30 AM   #15 
ilovebunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Do you know how much I paid for her? 1.99. 2 dollars for the life of an animal. You can find that much money on the street. They don't care. When she died, they'd just replace her. If I didn't buy her someone else would have, or she would have died. "Excuses," people say, but it's the honest truth. At least I will send in a letter of complaint, which is more than 99% of the world's population would do. That one letter will do more than simply walking away. But I don't regret my decision. Sitting here, watching her play in her new tank... I know I did the right thing. Like the starfish story... I saved this one.
I agree. The store doesn't really make its profit on fish/live animal sales. Pet stores make their money on purchases such as food, medication, equipment, toys, and other stuff animals need. In your letter of complaint, I would put that you will no longer shop there for your animals' needs. Buying filters, lights, and other fish equipment online hurts a store that has to pay rent and can't compete with competitive prices.

...Just my 2 cents

BTW I love the Labyrinth too! David Bowie is awesome!
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote