Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #1 
baylee767

Thumbs up I almost got 5 beautiful females...

5 beautiful healthy females at Petco today. They were all young, the perfect age for a sorority, and the same size (Most of them were likely sisters) There was a:

- turquoise CT
- Shimmering white-silver blue finned marble CT (looks EXACTLY like Metalbettas Mew before she changed color)
-red VT
-cambodian VT
-Blue VT

But after argueing for half an hour with my dad he forced me not to get them )=

But one good thing did come out of this. Before I wanted to convert my 10 gallon to a community tank. Now I want a sorority again.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #2 
bloo97

Lol! Sorry you coudn't get them, though. I think a sorority would be cool.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #3 
small fry

I love sororities! I will probably get one some time this year. You can stock it with so many different kinds and colors of FM betta! It is probably the most interesting thing you can do with a 10g tank.

Hope you can get yours up and going soon!
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #4 
baylee767

Yeah so do I. No one seems to know how long it takes for nitrites to start showing up in a 10 gallon tank using the shrimp method )=

On a happier note... At least I found a place that carries beautiful, young, healthy female Bettas. Most of the female Bettas around here are either old or ugly. (you know, now that I think about it that silvery-white marble CT was probably a comb tail, not crown tail...)

One place carries young healthy females other than my Petco. But the most they ever have at a time is 4, and that's very rare. And since that place has only a few females you don't get to choose the perfect ones for your sorority. Grrrr.

Another female note... That cambodian wasn't really very cambodian. She had Neons coloring with a cambodian touch. If I'm making sense... But anyways, I still want those females. The poor bettas in that place are most likely not fed since they have crystal clear water and no poop in the cup, but there were dead Bettas like no one looked at them. One of the Bettas there, a VT male, was dead and covered in white fuzzy stuff D= Some of the Bettas seemed in perfect health though...

Those females will probably either die or end up in a bowl. Around that place all these little kids were picking up Bettas EVERWHERE and shaking the cups. Seriously everwhere you looked at least 5 toddlers were running around with Bettas 0_0 Too bad for my poor females that I love so much even though I hardly knew them )=>

I hope that when my tank is cycled there will still be some nice females...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote