Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #11 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
Reward systems are awesome. I ran into the having to buy new clothes issues a few times now. It happened at the end of the summer ... and when I went to pull out the winter clothes this year. I looked like I was swimming in the sweaters. Lucky for me, I got money at Christmas time and I was able to finally buy clothes that fit me properly. :) But keep a buddy there to help keep you on that rewards system. It is so easy to fall off that and slack on it. Having someone there to help remind you and push you along helps. That again goes back the class I took. We had to do a behavior modification project the entire semester trying to change a habit or lose weight, whatever we wanted. The people who had people as a "buddy" succeeded a lot more than the people who did it alone.
I have a couple of cousins who want to join me but one lives in Northern Kentucky and the other who is expecting a baby...I have no idea where she is, she and her husband are wanting to move though. I have too many health risk factors being flung at me. Diabetes on both sides of the family, cause of death for some relatives to be exact, my grandfather being the most recent. Plus, my mother is obese, always has been and I keep hearing my friend from when I was five or six saying, "You're going to be big and fat like your momma." :( That's been playing in my head for awhile...
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 AM   #12 
dr2b

I think you are set up for success then. Buddy system, reward system, the motivation because of seeing the results of what being overweight can do. You definitely seem set to lose weight :) As it's been said many times... you CAN do it!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think it's wonderful that you are trying to lose weight. I'm going to try to start my diet in a few days. I'm going with Alli. I used it a couple of years ago and I had success with it. I think it would be great if those of us trying to lose weight could support each other. Good luck to you. You can do it!!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #14 
fishman12

Good luck. Yeah, my first grade teacher talked about the lucky birthday. You can do it!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #15 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
I think you are set up for success then. Buddy system, reward system, the motivation because of seeing the results of what being overweight can do. You definitely seem set to lose weight :) As it's been said many times... you CAN do it!
Here's hoping. I start my week-free membership at Curves on Wednesday, had to reapply at the job I quit due to depression and the manager adores me so I pretty much have that locked down, and after a couple of paychecks saving a little bit out of each I'll have that one-year membership locked tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I think it's wonderful that you are trying to lose weight. I'm going to try to start my diet in a few days. I'm going with Alli. I used it a couple of years ago and I had success with it. I think it would be great if those of us trying to lose weight could support each other. Good luck to you. You can do it!!!!
I am seriously trying the whole counting calories thing but everything in this house is so HIGH in calories I would only be allowed to eat one thing a day. Another reason I hope to get my job back is so that I can buy foods I can actually eat. We never seem to have fruits and veggies in the house and I am just NOW realizing it. :\

I am really liking the Sparkpeople.com that vaygirl directed me to (btw, if you have a page I'm demonicangel13--I don't like to change it's who I've been in the online world since I was thirteen, lol). I like that it can set you up on a meal plan and you can print off a grocery list. I was in heaven when I found out I could have my guilty pleasure, crab rangoon in the recipe section (for only 196 calories for six of them!). Can't wait till I have money. </money talk, lol>

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
Good luck. Yeah, my first grade teacher talked about the lucky birthday. You can do it!
Yeah, had an argument with a friend of mine that there was nothing special about it, it was just another birthday. I told him to quit raining on my parade. It's my year and I'll do what I want. LOL.
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #16 
Sweeda88

You can DO IT! Seriously, I'm at 326 right now, only because I've already lost about 15lbs. You can private message me anytime you want for moral support. We could trade healthy recipes, too. I've found lots of yummy recipes online.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 PM   #17 
vaygirl

Yep, Sparkpeople rocks! I log my food every day. I'm trying the mini meal thing. I get hungry every three hours anyway no matter what I eat. May as well make it work for me. :)

It's tough when you don't have access to the foods you want. :/ I wish I could offer advice on that but it's just tough. You'll just have to do with smaller portions. I grew up in a house like that (probably what got me into this mess in the first place). My Grandmother had an unholy love of chocolate, full fat potato salad, chips, and devil dogs. Lol! Plus we had a restaurant that served bar food. I grew up on the stuff. All my favorite foods are no-no's.

I'm vaygirl over at Sparkpeople too. I friended you. Anyone at all interested honestly should check it out. Did I say it's free? It's completely free. They have everything you could need or want.

Another great site to check out is myrecipes dot com. They have the recipes you find in cooking light magazine and a lot of them are AMAZING. Tonight we had Proscuitto, pear, and blue cheese toasted sandwiches. Awesome! My husband even dug them. Just look under the recipes tab and recipe collections for all the cooking light stuff. Although Sparkpeople has more then enough to start out on. Hehe.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #18 
Sweeda88

nvm

Last edited by Sweeda88; 01-03-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote