Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #11 
shinybetta

I have 3 in a 10 gallon. The females are much larger though. The males are like half the size. But they are all really fat. Spotted cories I also recommend. They cost the same as albino's, and I love how well their camoflauge works. They look like little rock piles with eyes!
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #12 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
For a 14 gal You can go with any type of cory your want. It's your preference. If you get a smaller type of cory you can get more. If you get a bigger type, you have to get less (but no less than 3). I have previously owned bronze and albinos. My personal favorite are Julii's. Mine are only about 1.5 inches. I love their cream colored skin and stripes. Here is a pic of one of mine.
I have a 10gal... I must have these striped Cories *Flails*
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #13 
LeroyTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Peppered cories!!!!
Mr Vampire, I've got 3 peppered cories. I haven't been able to get a consistent answer as to how big they get. Could you tell me roughly the size they reach? Thanks!
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 AM   #14 
meeka

I would say albinos as they seem to be the most outgoing. I have 5 sterbais in my 2ft tank and I never see them. In our 200L we have albinos and they are always doing something.
meeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #15 
celine18

i have 3 sterbais, and they're pretty skittish, whenever i walk up they scoot to the back of the tank, but when i'm on the couch, they're the funniest little guys to watch, they swim around and hunt around for food like crazy! and they're just generally cute anyways!!!
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:18 AM   #16 
meeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine18 View Post
i have 3 sterbais, and they're pretty skittish, whenever i walk up they scoot to the back of the tank, but when i'm on the couch, they're the funniest little guys to watch, they swim around and hunt around for food like crazy! and they're just generally cute anyways!!!
haha That sounds like mine. When I first got them they werent like that. They used to play in all the plants and the bubbles. But now they are so timid. I have the feed them before I go to bed ..... they only like to eat at night in the dark.

I dont think I would of chose them if I knew thats what they were really like.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #17 
celine18

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeka View Post
haha That sounds like mine. When I first got them they werent like that. They used to play in all the plants and the bubbles. But now they are so timid. I have the feed them before I go to bed ..... they only like to eat at night in the dark.

I dont think I would of chose them if I knew thats what they were really like.
well they're only playful when they don't know i'm watching . I really think their timidness may be from their mainly being wild caught. if i was taken out of my river heaven and stuck in a small glass box, i'd be pretty scared too...

i think i'd still get them, cuteness factor wins above all!!!

Edit: oh, i just saw your sig, you have them in a tank with a betta? could it be that he's picking on them? my betta picked on them....even then they still came out and swam around tho, maybe i just have masochistic fish? lol

Last edited by celine18; 01-04-2011 at 08:58 PM.
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #18 
meeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by celine18 View Post
well they're only playful when they don't know i'm watching . I really think their timidness may be from their mainly being wild caught. if i was taken out of my river heaven and stuck in a small glass box, i'd be pretty scared too...

i think i'd still get them, cuteness factor wins above all!!!

Edit: oh, i just saw your sig, you have them in a tank with a betta? could it be that he's picking on them? my betta picked on them....even then they still came out and swam around tho, maybe i just have masochistic fish? lol
No he doesn't worry about them. He flares at the platies a little bit ...... Not as bad as when I first got him. But everyone else he leaves alone. My cories were tank bred, not wild caught. They come out and eat when they don't think I'm watching lol.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #19 
Alex09

My cories are very playful and not scared of me at all. I stick my hand in the tank and they only swim away when I get like an inch next to their face lol. Maybe they learned to recognize me as their provider. My bettas and platies sure do! They go crazy when I get near the tank.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #20 
fishman12

Alex09, where did you get the cories?
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote