Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #1 
DormDrax

Top Fin Assorted Plant Bulbs...

... What are the chances these are ... very dim bulbs >,>

Says it has 2 water Onions,... uh something else (Can't recall name too lazy to look) and 1 water lily.... yet there are like 7 bulbs in this thing! Several little ones and 3 BIG ones...

Old guy (Who hasn't done me wrong on plants yet) said to just drop them in...

Heck I like that old guy now. When I told him about my water test they did... he asked if I could describe the Employee who did it... saying he is the one who should have done the test, and that the API Master kit is wonderful and lasts forever (He seemed more sincere rather than trying to just sell me it) and that the girl who said not to get it and who gave me VAGUE readings isn't an expert at all (She had just started).
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #2 
Alex09

They will grow about 50-60% of the time but you will NEED gravel (15 lbs for a 10 gallon). These plants wont grow in seashells lol. I replanted my apongeton the other day and it had a massive root system.
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #3 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
They will grow about 50-60% of the time but you will NEED gravel (15 lbs for a 10 gallon). These plants wont grow in seashells lol. I replanted my apongeton the other day and it had a massive root system.
We'll see about that... *Smirks*
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #4 
Creat

I bought two of them and they all rotted in my aquarium.....
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #5 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
We'll see about that... *Smirks*
No really, these plants arent like wisteria & anacharis in the sense that they can be left floating and they will do just fine. They need some kind of substrate. Otherwise you are just wasting your time & money.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #6 
DormDrax

Tainted... Again!?

Well well well look what we have here! Already rooting! *Observing one of the Bulbs*

... *Seems to squint at it*

... Moving roots?

*Grabs Magnifying Glass*

... Squirming... Roots...

.................................................. ............................ WORMS!!?

*Nets Bulb before the worms come off it and throws it in vase with water*

*Spends next hour looking over other bulbs to see no worms on them*

.... Ok now that I'm done with have my mild Brain Aneurysm. I think it was the Onion bulb due to it's onion like shape but I didn't realize the thing was partially hallow and just FULL of these little...

*Goes Into Mega Detail*

Little... white worms quite easy to see. One fell off from the hallow area and is on the surface of the water squirming it's slightly tapered to the tail which sits on the surface as it sometimes goes under alittle. The rest of them... seem to be content just sitting in the hallow area.

*How I noticed them*
The Onion bulb dislodged and began floating... and it slowly started turning... and I hadn't realized it was empty inside a large area... There were several whitish things but I assumed they were old roots... every now and then as I was refilling the tank (Water change) I swear out of the corner of my eye I saw the little things move. Till I just plain started watching it and saw the little things start to... move and grow one started to squirm out... which is when I panicked and netted it.

*Shivers* And here I was playing with the bulbs before I put them in... what if the worms had fallen onto me when juggling (WHAT I was bored at one point) *Wrenches*
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #7 
fishman12

That's disgusting. You'd think that they'd at least remove the worms.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #8 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
That's disgusting. You'd think that they'd at least remove the worms.
... Remove?
You mean this is normal?!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #9 
Alex09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
... Remove?
You mean this is normal?!
I very much doubt that. How did worms manage to survive sitting in a package for who knows how long?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #10 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
I very much doubt that. How did worms manage to survive sitting in a package for who knows how long?
Not water worms though... checked on the vase where I had it... and guess how many of the little ... THINGS ... I counted so far... 27... 27 worms inside of this bulb 'SO FAR' I can still see worms inside of the bulb that haven't come out yet. It's SO gross!

Thank Goodness I just happened to look, I'd have LOST it to find dozens of dead worms in my tank.