Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #11 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
It's very easy to simply have one area of tainted food or water.. A carcass in a water source will do some nasty damage if there isn't anything to come clean it up(thanks gators!).. Or could be a toxin ingested, maybe not directly by the birds but by bugs, fish, something.

It is scary, and way too many are dying, but lets not get all worked up on theories here.. There is always the possibility of an accident of any kind, government or just a big business with a lot of waste. There is also the possibility of weapon testing, but I doubt any of this was done on purpose or anything.
I agree there probley is a resonable explaination for what is happening. I do not believe it is a sign of the world ending. How many times do you hear this and still nothing has happened yet. How many have died form mid air collision? If it is an isolated incident maybe the vision was somewhat distorted-who knows. I will say that we will not hear the real reason of what happened. It will quietly blow over like all the other weird stories
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:06 AM   #12 
BettaGirl290

The Fourth One Creeped me out, it was like in CAW! form..... O.o
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:07 AM   #13 
BettaGirl290

Oh! and the bucket fish died in the same place BUT! ONLY that type of fish......
BettaGirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #14 
CrankyFish84

Remember in Titanic the movie how the "lower" class people said, "If the rats are going that way, that's good enough for me!".... Animals know what's going to happen before humans do for sure...

Here is another article about the poles shifting (which is a natural thing that happens every 700,000 years or so)...and airports have to realign their landing strips because of it...
Tampa (TBO,com) news had an article yesterday, but today, it's mysteriously gone...weird.

Here it is again mentioned in a Canada newspaper.... Drifting Magnetic Field Means Adjustments at Airports | Earth's Magnetic Field & Navigation | LiveScience

And....The Victoria River turns bright green...they say it's non toxic...but judge for yourself...
Victoria river mysteriously turns bright green, page 1

I don't think it's the "end of the world" either....As far as a species...Humans have had a pretty long run to survive compared to the dinosaurs, etc....We've been pretty lucky. I think the pole shift might cause mass chaos, but not be something that wipes humanity out...we will just have to make adjustments to how we live & survive.
Sounds like an adventure novel to me..People banding together again & having to actually interact socially, work peacefully together, start from scratch rebuilding without "labels" on classes or skin color.

Ok I'll stop there because I probably sound crazy now
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #15 
kaythenewbie

So I googled "New Years Eve birds" and found a bunch of creepy stuff. But no reasonable explanation. Some scientist was saying that the birds had all been nesting together in the same tree and a freak thundercloud depressurized and sucked them up into the air, killing them. Isn't that the most moronic explanation ever?! I'm too paranoid. I think it has something to do with military testing. And the government is covering it up...
kaythenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #16 
CodeRed

I'm just going to bet that because so many died at once, it drew peoples' attention. I'm willing to bet this happens all the time, people just don't notice it. Maybe other times it it happens in the rockies, where less people se. Maybe it happens in the jungle, where less people see. The internet connects people so more people hear about the incidents, so more people are looking for strange goings on. Normal die offs are getting more coverage, which makes people think it's happening more than normal.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #17 
bloo97

It all depends on if it was a flock of birds, or a general population. If it was a large flock, chances are they were feeding on poisoned food. (Sp?) If it were a general population, I'd do more investigating.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote