Velvet died of internal parasites... but his tank is great for water changes.
Instead of putting Neon in the half gallon bowl he usually goes in I thought he'd like the 1.75 gallon better. But I'm worried that the tank is infected from the parasites so I....
Emtied the tank and let it dry for a couple of days.
Soaked it in scalding water for half an hour, dumped it, then let it sit and dry for a few days.
Soaked it in scalding water for 5 minutes and dumped it.
Did a throughout scrubbing with soap and carefully washed out all the suds.
Let it dry for an hour.
Soaked in scalding water for a couple of minutes.
Do you think this made it safe for use? Or is it still dangerous?