Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #1 
Echo0920

please help!my betta echo has dropsy :'(

Hello everyone...i am very sad and desperate to save my beautiful betta Echo. I am always taking good care of my betta and always watching him..talking to him..and i noticed 3 days ago he seemed slightly off balance and his belly was bloated..i did some research and it seemed he was constipated..since my bf said efho passed a large fishy poop that night and seemed fine the next day..then later that night i noticed his scales were raised slihtly. I knew then it was a sure sign of dropsy and began to panic. Ive read for hours on dropsy, treatment and success rate of recovery..and with hardly any hope i started treatment right away. He is in a 5gallon tank and i immediately sterilized the tank..and his skull ornament he loves..and added maracyn 2 to his water..along with water conditioner and a tsp of aquarium salt..ive read positice and negative feed back on using aquarium salt with dropsy so i dont know if i should continue giving it to him. I really cant lose echo..i love him so much and he has such a great personality..can someone please give me any advise possible and maybe some hope along the way? I will be giving him his second dose of meds in a few hours..should i do another %100 water change and add the meds or just add it to the.water thats in his tank already? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
Echo0920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #2 
bloo97

I would do the waterchange to give him the clean water and the meds.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta dropsy, betta sick, dropsy