Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #1 
demonicangel132007

Care to lend me some powers of persuasion? Anyone?

So after my mother took down the Christmas tree there is this HUGE whole in the corner of the living room that is just sitting there all big, ugly, and lonely. So I randomly suggested putting an aquarium there. We had an aquarium when I was younger (before my brother who was two or three at the time was pretending my toy broom was a baseball bat and smashed it >_>) and we never had one sense other than a fish bowl.

So I was thinking...if I keep pitching this idea maybe she'd go for it. My dad is in love with my boy, Tvarscki (he comes in my room all the time to make goo-goo eyes over him lol) so if I am granted permission to do this (mother makes final decisions :\) there will have to be at LEAST one betta in there depending on if I want to do a sorority or a divided tank. But I'll worry about that later.

First before I do anymore planning, does anyone have any ideas of how I can go about convincing her? I was thinking of going the whole "giving life (hehe, literally) to the room" approach (for crying out loud we have white walls, brown carpet and muted furniture to match). Any other suggestions? How should I go about this?
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #2 
CodeRed

There's always the "I'll take care of it" approach, promising that you'll do all of the work. Of course you've got the "life to the room", maybe let her pick out the occupant? Show her some pictures of tanks you think she'd like to show her that it could be really nice in the room. Show her nicely decorated tanks. Try to make it appealing to her.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #3 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Try to make it appealing to her.
The most awesome image just popped in my head of a tank that would definitely appeal to her. Have any ideas of how I can do an Elvis Presley themed aquarium? :)
Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #4 
baylee767

Well... sand substrate (like elvis on a beach! Lol) Elvis tank ornaments (I'm certain they exist...) guitar ornaments, you get my point. Aren't I great at this? (sarcastic here)
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #5 
demonicangel132007

They've gone to bed. Have to try again in the morning. :( Tried the "I'll take care of it" thing but was lectured about my turtle who still doesn't have a bigger home yet (I'm working on seriously!) once my room gets rearranged he will be getting a bigger home...somewhere in here. LOL. Any other ideas though?

Suggested the Elvis-theme including a male betta named Elvis and getting him some companions of some sort and calling them his groupies. :)
Old 01-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #6 
Jupiter

How about you get a bigger aquarium for the living room and put your turtle in it?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:17 AM   #7 
tsoto80

you can first say it will be an early birthday present(even if you have to buy everything) elvis on a beach can work tell her you have the image in your head (even if you dont) see if they have elvis figurines on ebay that you can get get some palm trees figurines white and blue gravel seperate it for the water and the sand elvis in a hula skirt would be cool lol even better since she likes elvis tell her it can be for a mothers day present maybe it can be a win for both of you if you do a sority you can name one lisa marie and the other priscilla okay its pricey but I found this
http://cgi.ebay.com/MIB-ELVIS-BLUE-H...item45f7c67caa maybe base it around blue hawaii? this is cheaper elvis http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvis-Presley-Bl...item4cf45579d1 and here are some trees

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2753241

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...lickid=prod_cs
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #8 
demonicangel132007

Thanks. Again the persuasion attempt is going to have to be moved to another day. My dad just got 3 letters today from the people we loaned money from to send me to college so I'm kind of staying away from them (went to college, did everything I was suppose to, they failed me on purpose my last quarter because I didn't do enough butt-kissing, so I have no degree to show for the last 2 years of my life ).

I thought about moving my turtle in the living room but then thought twice about it, he wouldn't like being in the same room as my mother who admitted to me that while I was away at college she tried to kill him by forgetting to feed him and leaving him in dirty water until it evaporated. (wishing now I could have ignored the rules and took him with me ).