Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #51 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would seperate them as soon as they start showing aggression.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #52 
Bloodeath

Well i just finished seperating the meanest fry. she/he is in a small critter keeper type thing inside of the 10gallon (so i dont have to worry about heating)

I want to seperate the other biggest/meanest one, and i have a good sized 2g(ish) vase to house him/her (i think shes a girl xD) for her growing, but im worried about keeping it heated. i dont want the little bugger to get terribly stunted/die because of a low 70s temp......What to do?

Edit: and the small critter keeper im refering to is one of those evil betta flare mini tanks, thats plastic and comes with the plastic divider, will this be big enough to house the fry for another week or 2? (only 1 fry)

This is the Critter keeper that im currently housing 1 fry in
, is it good enough for a week or 2?
Bloodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #53 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think it would be fine as long as water changes are kept up with.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #54 
Bloodeath

Long story short, i only have 2 little boys left in my first spawn, which sucks, but is alot more manageable number than the 7+ i was expecting. (Pauses for a moment of silence for the lost babies due to my ignorance.)

Anyways Update, update, update, look at my 2 little boys, (only 1 picture shows the smaller one, he likes to hide.)
Im really proud of how pretty their becoming, their so much prettier already than what i imagined them to be, since i was breeding petco/walmart fish.

and the littler guy:

Unrelated: new 10g

Old 11-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #55 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're very pretty!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:23 AM   #56 
Bloodeath

*Cough Cough*

i know i havent been around for quite some time, but the little boy thats in 90% of these pictures (who is now a Young adult/late teenager lol) has now been 100% distinguished as a male. Hes grown enough to pick up the ability of Flareing, and he is up and eating regular betta food now. Pictures following tommorow, of him flaring, maybe even a video if you guys really wanna see.

i figure in 3 months time, or so, ill end up mating him with another CT, although this time i'd like to do it with a little more unique female, than with the typical walmart bought betta. xD
Old 01-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #57 
mand

Congratulations on raising him. I've just had my first breeding hatch and hopefully i'll be able to keep them alive now i've taken dad out.
mand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #58 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodeath View Post
*Cough Cough*

i know i havent been around for quite some time, but the little boy thats in 90% of these pictures (who is now a Young adult/late teenager lol) has now been 100% distinguished as a male. Hes grown enough to pick up the ability of Flareing, and he is up and eating regular betta food now. Pictures following tommorow, of him flaring, maybe even a video if you guys really wanna see.

i figure in 3 months time, or so, ill end up mating him with another CT, although this time i'd like to do it with a little more unique female, than with the typical walmart bought betta. xD
I cant wait to see pictures:)! Keep us updated. Hey how many bettas did you finally raise, sell/give away?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, breeding, crown tail, fry, parents