Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #31 
DormDrax

Subtotal $20.04

Shipping (Expedited (2 to 3 day)) & Handling $11.57

Order Total $31.61

WHAT!? $11.57 shipping! *Flips table*

I thought it was like 8$ shipping! ................. *Notices he's making a scene* But... *Opening wallet* I'm sure these are quality plants *Sweats* and won't infest my tank... plus oh... OH! I Already have the mental image of how NICE this is going to look!

BANANA PLANT
Pennywort
Alternanthera
Riccia Fluitans
HORNWORT
25 Plant Weights

*Mental imaging*

Lets see... may have to pitch the Anacharis *Doesn't show any emotion* Oh well... more room for the Riccia. So I'll have that on top... the Hornwort in the back right area... the Banana Plant shall be in the front right area. The Pennywort I'll have to think about... oh and the Alternanthera Shall be in the Center back.

Yeah yeah don't tell me... "DUDE DON'T YOU DARE PLANT THESE IN SHELLS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN DOING!" I plan on getting sand soon. So they'll just be anchored for a week or two in the tank then I'll take a day and OCD clean *Giggles* the tank and put in sand, mix in some of those pebbles to give it a lovely texture (Some large open sand area's so the future Cories can burrow).

What? I really wanted more plants... PetSmart is REALLY limited (Plus the Anacharis infestation *Glares at it*) and these plants are drop dead beautiful, This really isn't that pricey if I think about it in a Garden sense... and not just 'Fish Tank' sense. If I think of it as an underwater Garden which if done right shall be a wonderful conversational piece... so it's worth it. Oh yeah... a garden that fish live in... oh right... I mean that Drax lives in. I didn't forget you dude! *See's Drax flare then slip into the cave again* *Shivers*
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #32 
JKfish

Lol, you've got a mental image like I want. If you're going to be getting fast growing plants, you might want to consider spending about 20 dollars on EcoComplete, it's a special substrate that gives plants everything else they need. I couldn't find any at my LFS, so I went for flourite, which works, but apparently EcoComplete is so much better and nicer looking.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #33 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Lol, you've got a mental image like I want. If you're going to be getting fast growing plants, you might want to consider spending about 20 dollars on EcoComplete, it's a special substrate that gives plants everything else they need. I couldn't find any at my LFS, so I went for flourite, which works, but apparently EcoComplete is so much better and nicer looking.
*Holding Flaming Credit Card*
Ah! I spent so fast it caught fire! *Blows it out*

Hmm I'll have to look into that next week.

As for fast growing... I can manage it's not like I'm going to be ca-ERK! *Gets strangled by old Anacharis that escaped the Trashcan*
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #34 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Is this necessary for live plants? I've been starting research for a planted tank.. would regular gravel with liquid fertilizer be enough without EcoComplete or Flourite? Or is it best to use one of those substrates with gravel on top? Thanks!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #35 
Learn To Fly

Wow that's really cool she created a code just for us! However, by posting it on this thread you make it possible for non-members to use the code as well...if you don't care, that's fine but if you do maybe you should ask a mod to remove it and you can just PM it to anyone...just thought I mention.

Also, does Ancharis really have to be planted? I tried it, and it died on me, but the stuff I gave to school thrived in an un-lit aquarium without being planted in the gravel-it grew longer, with the leaves further apart, but it was very green and healthy.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazing, discount, npt, plants, store