Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #491 
amyz247

swordfish breeding

hello i am new to fish breeding but i am very sure that my swardfish is prgnant as its tummy is very black, iv also had this confirmed by a friend today, my question is when do i know when to move the fish into a net or box to have its babies as i dont want to do it to early?
amyz247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #492 
NEWBEE FISH

My Ghost Shrimp in my tank are getting some green stripes on them is this from eating the java moss that i have in my tank?
NEWBEE FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #493 
Kitty Whiskers

Question

What is the difference between Epsom Salt and Aquarium Salt? I was told to use Epsom Salt for my fish's Popeye disease. I don't have either kind, so which one should I buy at the store today?
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #494 
JKfish

Epsom salt does what aquarium salt does, but it also helps clear out constipation, it's a good plant food, and I think it's a bit easier on the fish themselves, though I'm not positive. I'd go with epsom salt, you can pretty get it at any grocery store.

Newbee fish: chances are its the female shrimp's green saddle/eggs. If the green is in a clump around what seems to be the shoulder area, it's just eggs.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #495 
NEWBEE FISH

no its not eggs...i've seen them with eggs.. its like tiger stripes but green

thanks for the help.. i'm just curious why there's green stripes on them
NEWBEE FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #496 
BettaHeart

I was just handed a little four-month old bitty betta and i fed him afew tiny flakes like seven at the most the size of a pinhead early this morning because I didnt want to hurt him with the Hikari betta bio-gold pellets after seeing how tiny his mouth is and now he has been having trouble trying to swim around especially to the bottom but otherwise doesnt seem too stressed out about anything else. Do I just let him be for now? or what should i do to help him? Hes in a 1/2 gal tank with no heater and no filter as i didnt plan on having such a small baby but life is full of surprises as i am finding out. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i do have frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp would that help?
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:16 PM   #497 
JKfish

Right now, you need to focus on your set up if you want him to grow. If you're tight on money, you can buy a 2-5 gallon sterlite or rubbermaid tub for less than ten dollars. A heater, any heater would be good, though an adjustable one will do you good.

It sounds like he's got a bit of SBD (swim bladder disorder) fast him so he'll swim a bit easier. Frozen brineshrimp will do him good, and it might be easier for him to eat.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #498 
chargers505

If you get a nitrate reading in your tank, does that mean the cycle is working?? Because there's no other way nitrate can appear on your tank right?
chargers505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #499 
scootshoot

Does anyone have Ghost shrimp and Cherry shrimp together in the same tank? Do they get along?
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #500 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootshoot View Post
Does anyone have Ghost shrimp and Cherry shrimp together in the same tank? Do they get along?
Ghost shrimp may kill the RCS and they will eat the baby RCS....I couldn't keep mine together even in large heavy planted tanks...ghost shrimp can be pretty aggressive they will even eat their own babies if given the chance...cool critter though.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote