Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #11 
coolcucumber

Yea, hes also really lethargic, just lying around and not doing much.
coolcucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #12 
JKfish

okay. How long was he flaring at the other betta? Is he still eating well? What are your water parameters in the cup, and how often and what percent of water changes are you doing?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #13 
coolcucumber

He was flaring for quite a while. the water is perfect,

Ammonia: 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
ph 7.5

and im doing 50% once a day
Old 01-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #14 
JKfish

okay, the cup looks small to me, but if the test says otherwise, then keep doing what you're doing :) .

I'd say just put him back in the tank (with something so the two fish can't see each other) and monitor him, hopefully he'll perk up.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #15 
coolcucumber

Alright. he seems to be a bit better, his fins are curling on themselves though, doesnt look to pinched anymore. the jar is about 3/4gallon.Also, i put a betta in the other side, but i guess i should take him out until this guys better?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #16 
JKfish

It's a divided tank? I'm sorry, but you're really not giving me the details. If it's divided and there's anything else I need to know, could you go ahead and tell me?

In divided tanks, you want caves for fish to hide inside in each section as well as something to break up the line of sight along the divider. your tank pics looked rather sparse of that, which is a slight issue seeing as it seems like your boy won't stop flaring. For now, keep your boy in his cup, and once a week be sure to do a 100% water change along with the 50% daily. Once you put him back in, you have to have things in there to break up the line of sight along the divder. Silk plants will work (regular silk plants not intended for aquarium use have to be soaked in a tub prior to adding to make sure it won't leak color), so will ordinary things like mugs.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:30 PM   #17 
coolcucumber

Okay. Sorry, i thought i said it.It is a divided tank, yes. Ill stick something in there to block the view for now, and im going to buy some plants on wednesday.Thats all, i think. Alright, ill stick to that water change schedule ;)