Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #21 
Kitty Whiskers

My favorite Betta Kitty just died 3 days ago. I just put her in a tiny plastic container and put her in the freezer till Spring time. I have a little pet cemetary in the yard where I can bury her with her friends. My mom's Canary, My Cockatiel, and my mom's first Crowntail Betta are all buried out there. Sorry for your loss btw.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #22 
turtle10

When Turtle (my betta) died I put him in a tiny cloth drawstring pouch, about the size of the palm of a hand. Then, I dug a hole big enough to put the little pouch in without bending it. My mom and I had a sip of wine to toast him, then she poured a bit over Turtle's pouch. I gently put the soil over him. After, I put a bunch of his gravel over the grave to form a little mound. Right on top of that, his rock. It may have been to much, but I loved him. He is buried right next to this beautiful tree with long extended branches. It produces berries in the Spring so it gets really pretty with all the birds and squirrels. I think it is a good place, back with nature and other little creatures.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #23 
Alanza

When it's time for my betta to die I'll go to the lakes around my home. I admire nature and believe that there's some sort of connection with all creatures including humans and nature so I'm going to place him/her afloat on a lilly pad. I believe that my animal friends are only borrowed from nature and that one day they'll have to be given back.
Alanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #24 
turtle10

I totally agree with you Alanza
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #25 
ladybuglil123

When my little guy dies I will get a small thin plastic box, paint it with black water proof paint and wrap him up in a small hanky. In white water proof paint I will put S.I.P Phoenix and some very kind words and sayings. And then I will go a lake and gently put him on the surface to sink in to heaven. Sorry for your loss. Swim on little guy!
ladybuglil123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #26 
LittleBlueFishlets

For those who want to put their fish in a river - please reconsider. If your fish died from a disease, you run the risk of introducing it into the river. This in turn could affect many other fish.... (For example, Mycobacteria lives for months in water or on surfaces. It's a wasting disease that is ultimately fatal to fish.)

Cloelia - I'm sorry for your loss. And I think the idea of burying him in a flower pot is a good memorial. You'll be able to think of him every time you see the plant.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #27 
xShainax

I just throw mine out.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #28 
lovefordebbie
Banned

well thats kinda mean XD
lovefordebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #29 
jag14

Mom has a pet cemetery around her shed outside. We have everything from snakes, iguanas, hamsters, fish, cats, etc. buried out there. I have a fish of my own buried next to my porch.

I think the flower pot idea would be good if you don't have access to outside areas.
jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #30 
sassyfriend

I just buried 3 of my fishies in the last 3 weeks
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote