Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #11 
brancasterr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Its 1.5 gallons, right? I did 10-15 every 2-3 days and at the end of the week a 100%, because all the poop was just too hard to get without a siphon for that small thing x.x

and..
http://couponmart.co.cc/?q=jungle+mini+heater
http://www.thefind.com/pets/info-min...quarium-heater

this is the 10w :D
http://www.petstore.com/Marineland_M...AQHESU-vi.html

^ on sale at Petsmart atm!
Yeah, it does seem a little difficult to get all of the waste out with a siphon. :P Alright, so heater and 10% water changes every 3 days. Done.

Thanks for all of your help! :D
brancasterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #12 
PewPewPew

Another member might correct me about that change...but it honestly worked okay for me and for Alle. He actually went from nearly dead (walmart betta >:'/) to very healthy and sweet under good care.
You might want to do it starting on Monday (clean), Wed (15-20%) Fri (15-20%), Sunday (100%). That's (exactly) as I did it :B
If not, maybe 20% every 3 days, not 10.
Is it a water wonders kit type thing with an led light and a compartment underneath? (Just wondering, thats what I had XD)
Good luck :DDD
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #13 
bettafish15

I hear your supposed to do 50% every day or every other day for a 1.5 gallon... not 10% every three days? That just stood out to me XD I could be a bit off though, I hope more people pitch in with the thread soon...
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #14 
brancasterr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Another member might correct me about that change...but it honestly worked okay for me and for Alle. He actually went from nearly dead (walmart betta >:'/) to very healthy and sweet under good care.
You might want to do it starting on Monday (clean), Wed (15-20%) Fri (15-20%), Sunday (100%). That's (exactly) as I did it :B
If not, maybe 20% every 3 days, not 10.
Is it a water wonders kit type thing with an led light and a compartment underneath? (Just wondering, thats what I had XD)
Good luck :DDD
Haha, no it's just a regular bowl. No fancy lights.

and hmmm bettafish15, you know I've heard both. Now I'm rather confused. I also hope more people pitch in. :P

However, if PewPewPew did it the way she described and was successful then I suppose it has to work.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #15 
bettafish15

Well, technically, bettas live for a long time in dirty cups, so they can live on 10% every three days, I just dont know how... happy it keeps the betta. But I'm not an expert or anything, and I'm sure Pew's betta is fine ^^
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #16 
PewPewPew

*shrugs* It did ^^; Well, too. The 100% day everything was cleaned out (rinsed) and replaced. That's what my friends and my boyfriend did in our 1.5 gallons.
Yeah- the 10% was supposed to be every two, if that ^,^;; Not three.
I know people will say against it, but my boy was flippy when I did the frequent 30-50% everyother day type changes, it stressed him out D:
*shrugs* Do whatcha gotta do :B
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #17 
brancasterr

Yeah, thats what I was more worried about, stressing him out. I'm sure daily water changes would stress any fish out and thats the last thing I want to do.