Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #1 
lilchiwolf

Cool Betta Tank #2!!!

So I went through the house today looking for a spot to put my printer cause I really wanted to start up my other 10 gal thats just been sitting around. I put the new tank right next to my bed! I had to go to the store to get a new filter and heater cause the ones that came with the tank broke :(

I bought 2 new dividers the other day at Mijers that were on sale for $5! Bought some smooth, fake plants too cause they were also on sale for $1.50!
I took some rocks from the other tank and cleaned them really good.

I have it divided 3 ways with the heater and filter in the middle section. In the tank are:

Left Side: New Male HM Plakat
Middle: My 3 females (who are doing really well. Two were bickering for dominance and now they stopped like nothing ever happened. Will be adding one more female later.)
Right Side: My Blue Mustard DT HM Plakat.

I will have a video of this tank shortly so look for updates!
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #2 
bettafish15

That seems kinda small for 3 females in a divided 10 gallon in the same space... that means the girls have 2.5 gallons right? Anyway, looking forward to seeing the vid :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #3 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
That seems kinda small for 3 females in a divided 10 gallon in the same space... that means the girls have 2.5 gallons right? Anyway, looking forward to seeing the vid :D
I am keeping an eye on the girls. If its get way outta hand I will put them back in their divided 3gal. So far they are doing fine and I hope it stays that way. Video is close to being done!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #4 
lilchiwolf

New video is up!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVE9yeBateY
Old 01-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #5 
lilchiwolf

UPDATE ON TANK:

The female section of the tank is doing well! They got all their pecking order arguing done with yesterday and today are swimming together and eating together. So 3 females in a 2 way divided 10 gal was a success!

The males both have HUGE nests and are also doing rather well.

I am so happy!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #6 
Goomba3

I like your tank! How did you divide it? I have 3 males in 3 separate tanks, but I was thinking about getting a large tank and dividing it for the 3. (Then I'd have 3 tanks for 3 more! Haha...)
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #7 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomba3 View Post
I like your tank! How did you divide it? I have 3 males in 3 separate tanks, but I was thinking about getting a large tank and dividing it for the 3. (Then I'd have 3 tanks for 3 more! Haha...)
Here is some of the ones I use. They come in all other sizes. I get the 10gal ones and only need to cut off a small section to get them to fit. You can find them for about $7 at mijers, $10 at pet stores. YOu do have to take them out when cleaning your tank cause they can grow algae on them.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CCkQ8gIwAQ#

http://www.google.com/products/catal...&ved=0CBkQ8gI#
Old 01-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #8 
Goomba3

Ooh, neat. Thanks for the links. My boyfriend is the one pushing me to divide a bigger tank, I think in actuality he's looking for some sort of project, haha.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote