Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #21 
luvem

I've seen mention of a "critter keeper" on this thread. Could someone please tell me what it is? Thanks.
luvem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #22 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvem View Post
I've seen mention of a "critter keeper" on this thread. Could someone please tell me what it is? Thanks.
This is a critter keeper:
http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Kritter-Ke.../dp/B0002APZOO
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #23 
luvem

Thanks, Aluyasha. Not something I would want for a new betta.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #24 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Thanks, Aluyasha. Not something I would want for a new betta.
Well, critter keepers come in many sizes. The biggest I have seen was a 3 gal. You can even fit a filter and a heater in there too. :)
Old 01-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #25 
luvem

Oh, o.k. I'm planning to get more fish (they really are addictive!) and I am trying to decide on an economical home for them. I want a new betta and a few orange/black platys. I'd love to have a snail, too, but have tried 3 times and each time they died. I finally realized that my water conditioner is salt and that must be what killed them.
Any suggestions on a tank?
Old 01-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #26 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Oh, o.k. I'm planning to get more fish (they really are addictive!) and I am trying to decide on an economical home for them. I want a new betta and a few orange/black platys. I'd love to have a snail, too, but have tried 3 times and each time they died. I finally realized that my water conditioner is salt and that must be what killed them.
Any suggestions on a tank?
Well, if you want the Betta and the Platies to go in the same tank then you will need a 10 gallon or larger. Also, watch out with Bettas and Platies together, sometimes Bettas will attack Platies because they resemble Bettas.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #27 
luvem

Thanks. I have a 5 gal. Fluval Chi that I got for Christmas and I already want more! I was thinking of a 10 gal., maybe divided.... Walmart has a 10 gal Tetra Fin start up for 29.99 on sale from 39.99. I'll be going to Pet Smart soon to see what they have. It seems like quite a few people on this site have mini-bows so I thought I'd look at them, too. BTW, I just saw the pic spam you just posted and you have some great looking Bettas. Gyger and Caligula are especially beautiful. Where did you find them?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #28 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Thanks. I have a 5 gal. Fluval Chi that I got for Christmas and I already want more! I was thinking of a 10 gal., maybe divided.... Walmart has a 10 gal Tetra Fin start up for 29.99 on sale from 39.99. I'll be going to Pet Smart soon to see what they have. It seems like quite a few people on this site have mini-bows so I thought I'd look at them, too. BTW, I just saw the pic spam you just posted and you have some great looking Bettas. Gyger and Caligula are especially beautiful. Where did you find them?
I got Gyger at Walmart and Caligula at Petco. :)