Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #11 
DormDrax

Oh VERY Tre-Sheik.
*Gets whipped by French Person for butchering the spelling*

Wish I could have more Betta's in my 10gal! But soon... I shall has Cories...
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #12 
eclover09

Thank you :D

I was SO nervous when I was putting them all in, I kept fretting one of them would be to rough and I would have to remove it then give her back or not give her back....very stressful for the first like, 45 mins I put them all in lol but there all getting along really well, I'm glad.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #13 
cesitlie95

Beautiful! Everything looks great ;)
cesitlie95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #14 
eclover09

Well, the crap hit the fan last night somehow ><

All the girls were getting along great, no issues at all, all day yesterday. But over night a riot broke out someow, when I woke up at least all the girls but Betty Boop had a rip in there fins and Sweet Pea was no where to be found. I started to panic, until I found her behind the filter when I was feeding everyone...and she wasn't moving. I flicked food infront of her and she stirred, but it drew the attention of the others girls that swam over and Sweet Pea rushed out...

Poor thing must have gotten severely beat up on last night. Her fins are a mess, I think either Martini or Betty Boop were the culprits, and she didn't want to eat and suddenly had a swim bladder issue and just seemed overwhelmed very stressed and stunned. So I removed Sweet Pea, then continued to observe the girls, and saw Martini was having a hay day chasing Arwen and Poinsettia without stopping and Betty Boop was pecking at everyone non stop as well, I think she claimed Alpha. Sooo I removed Martini and Betty Boop to give them a time out, and the four girls left seemed to really just calm down and were in peace with one another.

I was going to put Sweet Pea back and see how she did with the other girls but didn't, I have decided that my first instinct that she was too small was right and just isn't big or strong enough to defend herself. So my moms setting up a little one gallon for her and maybe when/if she gets bigger I might put her back in. I really wanted seven girls (I have a thing about the number seven...) so I searched around ALL day at every Petco and Petsmart in my area, but even though I saw several girls, no one sparked my interest : / So I guess now it's just six for now. I added Betty Boop and Martini back in after they were out of the tank all day and I'm going to see if things improve at all.

Last edited by eclover09; 01-22-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #15 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclover09 View Post
Well, the crap hit the fan last night somehow ><

All the girls were getting along great, no issues at all, all day yesterday. But over night a riot broke out someow, when I woke up at least all the girls but Betty Boop had a rip in there fins and Sweet Pea was no where to be found. I started to panic, until I found her behind the filter when I was feeding everyone...and she wasn't moving. I flicked food infront of her and she stirred, but it drew the attention of the others girls that swam over and Sweet Pea rushed out...

Poor thing must have gotten severely beat up on last night. Her fins are a mess, I think either Martini or Betty Boop were the culprits, and she didn't want to eat and suddenly had a swim bladder issue and just seemed overwhelmed very stressed and stunned. So I removed Sweet Pea, then continued to observe the girls, and saw Martini was having a hay day chasing Arwen and Poinsettia without stopping and Betty Boop was pecking at everyone non stop as well, I think she claimed Alpha. Sooo I removed Martini and Betty Boop to give them a time out, and the four girls left seemed to really just calm down and were in peace with one another.

I was going to put Sweet Pea back and see how she did with the other girls but didn't, I have decided that my first instinct that she was too small was right and just isn't big or strong enough to defend herself. So my moms setting up a little one gallon for her and maybe when/if she gets bigger I might put her back in. I really wanted seven girls (I have a thing about the number seven...) so I searched around ALL day at every Petco and Petsmart in my area, but even though I saw several girls, no one sparked my interest : / So I guess now it's just six for now. I added Betty Boop and Martini back in after they were out of the tank all day and I'm going to see if things improve at all.
aweeee.
good luck :(

maybe 10 gallons is just too small for the 7 of them and they would get along better in a bigger tank?
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #16 
eclover09

Don't think so, Ive read around and lots of people have seven in a ten, even Ive seen some people have eight in a ten. I just think Betty and Martini were just vying to much for Alpha and beating up on everybody to show there tougher, and Sweet Pea was just too weak against them : / And Poinsettia and Arwen were freaking out about being in there in the first place, so the two meanie females probably picked up on that weakness and took advantage of it.

I checked on them now and things seem calmer, but then again they seemed calm yesterday and had spats overnight so I guess I'll see.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #17 
bettafish15

Its common to have 7 females in a sorority, it helps spread the aggression Peachesxo. :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Do you have enough hiding places for all of them?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #19 
tsoto80

I dont the size of the tank is the problem. When I first started my sorority I had five girls in a 20 gallon. Two of girls (Yin and Yang) were so agressive they ripped the other three girls fins to pieces. I placed each of them in their own 1 gallon tank (they wiull soon share a ten) and the three in the 20 felt at peace. Only thing is now after a few days past they are deciding who the new alpha is.

As your females faught in the dark mine did also. I woke up with horror on my face after realizing what took place. What is it about the dark that makes them more active lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #20 
eclover09

Yes, plenty of places to hide, the large fake driftwood thing in the middle has lots of caves in it. There much better now, I have kept Sweet Pea out and shes living in my mom's room now. Everyone seems to be getting along, though Martini insists on randomly chasing Arwen o.0 One moment there swimming with each other just fine, the next Martini is harassing her, so I'm keeping an eye on it. But no one has gotten any new rips in there fins, and I still think there figuring out the pecking order. One day Dot seems to be Alpha, the next Betty Boop and even once I think Marilyn was Alpha but Dot demoted her within a few hours and she hasn't tried again lol. Also some moments Poinsettia is being all bad girl chasing around Martini and Betty Boop, and the next there chasing her, so definitely think there still working things out but mostly from what I and my mother have observed, there alright with each other, no epic show downs or anything.

No one has been ripped up at all as badly as Sweet Pea was. I just think she was way to tiny and even though she was feisty and fast as hell, just wasn't enough. She didn't seem very interested in anyone when she was in the tank, she seemed to just want to be left alone and swim by herself, so that's probably why she got beat on.