Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #1 
Lordsameth

Good luck Chai!

I met you for the first time the same way most Betta and people meet. It look a long time for me to choose, but I picked up your cup countless times to look at your pale body with gorgeous pink and blue fins. I never saw you flare them once. It is sad for me, I only knew you a single day. You were sick when I got you, I knew this and I tried so hard to save you. I guess it was never meant to be...

I hope you managed to accomplish your goal as a Betta, and your spirit can move on and reincarnate as a creature in better times and circumstances. Thank you for our day together. I'll miss you...
Lordsameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh no, he died! Oh my gosh, I am soooooo sorry! That is terrible! He was so pretty. D: I can't believe it, he was building a bubble nest! Now he's gone? That's awful. So sorry.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #3 
Lordsameth

He seemed so cheerful, he built his first bubble nest the night after I got him... I was so surprised to find him dead last night, he even swam up to be fed, and was full of energy as he ate only 3 hours prior.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #4 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh my goodness, that is terrible! Are you going to get another? I am so sorry... I hope you get another one, because your other betta seems so happy...
Old 01-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #5 
Lordsameth

That's the plan. I'm going to give it a few days or so, see if the sick ones in the pet store die out and get one that is more healthy. I'm not experienced enough to handle sick fish.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

I would be terrified to handle sick fish. My HM wasn't exactly healthy, but he didn't have any specific diseases, like Ich or Fin Rot, ya know? I knew I could treat lethargy and deppression, and I have! Don't get your hopes down. Do you have a petco or petsmart near you? They have some very pretty bettas there, and they aren't usually sick, at least not near me. Just lethargic like my HM. :)
Old 01-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #7 
Lordsameth

Nope. There is only one store with Betta within an hour of my town... I got Biscotti there, and he is very alive and happy. Perhaps is was fate that Chai passed, to give another poor Betta a fighting chance.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh. Well, I am very happy to hear that Biscotti is doing better. I am still sorry about Chai, I hope your next betta does much better. Don't give up yet! I'll tell you my crazy deppressing fish story if you want to hear it.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #9 
Lordsameth

Well..I went back to the pet store today and all of their Bettas had died... I got Biscotti there too, though, so maybe the next set will be healthier.

Tell me your story, it is no good to keep these things inside.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #10 
Bettaluver4evr

Aww, bummer. And don't worry, I'm not holding anything in, but it is a wierd story.
I went into Petco with my mom and brothers to get some toys for my dog about a year ago. I wanted to look at the Bettas, because I had $30 and I loved having them when I was younger. So, I saw a little Halfmoon that I loved immediately. I got a half gallon tank kit and the fish and spent all of my money. For easter I got a 1.5 gallon filtered tank, but Ink (my halfmoon) died of Ich a few weeks after I put him in. I didn't know it was Ich, though. So, I just cleaned the tank, rinsing it out and putting in a new filter cartridge. Then I got 3 guppies. They died of Ich after 3 weeks. I was really sad now, but I wasn't giving up. I got a little Betta named Rainbow, a dark blue/silver betta. He got Ich, but this time I knew about it. I went to Petco and the lady there reccomended Bettafix. Well, that did nothing to help the Ich. It healed a tear, but I could have cared less. He died 2 days after July 4th. But, I cleaned out an old fridge in the garage, and my mom said as a reward I could get a new betta. That fridge was sparkling when I finished. I got a crowntail and a new tank! And I still have him. I bought some Ich preventative and treatment, because I never wanted to deal with that awful disease again. Since then I have gotten 2 more new bettas from Petco, and they are all flourishing. You can't give up! The end. Told you it was wierd. :P