Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #1 
ChicagoPete

Question Hmmm. Strange Lookin.

Ok as I was feeding Herb this morning I noticed some things on him that look a little off. He seems to have this less then 3mm long white line at the end of his Ventral fins. And looking at his right Pectoral Fin seems to have two white specks on the front and one on the back. Ick mabe?
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Can you post a pic and how is he acting and eating...any changes in behavior and appetite?
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #3 
ChicagoPete

No changes in appatite or behavier what so ever ie eats like a pig and swims like a dolphin. Pics hmm that whould be next to impossable with my bad camra and his lack of staying still for a picture. The spots just seem to have appeared on him but the line thing Ive been watching for a few days now.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #4 
Oldfishlady

You are sure the white line is not a parasite?

I would just watch him for now and see if the white line and the white dots increase or he has any behavior changes...I would go ahead and make a water only change today to make sure water quality it at its best to support his immune response
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 AM   #5 
Littlebittyfish

My Cleo has the same thing, few spots on his pectoral Fin( haven't noticed any white lines though). I'm not quite sure what it is, but part of his pectoral fin has fallen off while he has been in QT. .I have been watching him in his 1 gallon QT. for 2 weeks and they haven't moved onto his body anywhere else just his pectoral fins. hmmm...I hope you find out what it is! I plan on getting some sort of anti-bacterial and parasite medication at petco today if they have any.Hopefully it will do something, have already wasted money on bettafix,fungus clear and 3 in 1 treatment tabs... all of which have done nothing, and the fungus clear made my fish act real sick!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #6 
ChicagoPete

Ok... even wearder I caught him in his betta cup to get a better pic of him witch absolutely failed.... The white line thing fell off and is now floating in the tank... ew.. But the other Dot things he is keeping that fin clamped to his body as if now he nows I now about it and doesnt want me to see it..
Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #7 
Littlebittyfish

My fish is doing that too! I haven't been able to get a decent picture of his pectoral fin since the 12th! everytime i get near with the camera he puts it real close to his body and flares up at me. The only thing that has helped with the white body fuzzy stuff was the aquarium salt so far.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #8 
ChicagoPete

Hmm. No fuzzy stuff on fred just the small grain of salt size Dots on the one Pectoral. The Line thing was on a Ventral Fin I gave up with the pic and put him back in his tank. He kept giving me derty looks and whouldn't sit still plus I have the worst camra ever!