Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #2361 
Nicolekelly

All your tanks are beautiful!! I love the one with the Chinese cat in it...too cool. I also love the white Bettas.

Last edited by Nicolekelly; 01-23-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Nicolekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #2362 
Apocalypse

Got my new plants in the mail today so I figured I'd snap an updated photo. Not sure if I like the arrangement right now, I may move things around a little bit.

Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #2363 
JD3P

You could keep the log/rock in the middle and place the plants in the corners. I like the look though with the black gravel and bright green plants.
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #2364 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
Got my new plants in the mail today so I figured I'd snap an updated photo. Not sure if I like the arrangement right now, I may move things around a little bit.

Where did you purchase your plants from online? They look very nice,I have been worried about buying plants online and having them show up brown and dead .. But my local petstores and my nearest petco don't have much plants to choose from unfortunately.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #2365 
Apocalypse

http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/

Shipping is a little steep but she packages them incredibly well. Mine got held up due to snow so they took 6 days to get here. They got here in perfect condition though.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #2366 
Jayy

WOW!! Can I have your tank? It's awesome!
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #2367 
Lion Mom

BEAUTIFUL tank!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #2368 
amandiepants

how often should i do water changes and how? meaning what percentage for what day (25% on first day.. etc) also i was thinking about dropping a bulb or two in there to try and grow live plants.. is this a bad idea? and also i need to get him a heater.. will a 7v be too much? its for 2-5 gallons and some of the reviews on this heater said they use it for their 1.5 gallon i just have to unplug it on hotter days. i dont have the money to move him to a bigger tank right now. i thought 1.5 wouldve been sufficient.
amandiepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #2369 
JD3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandiepants View Post
how often should i do water changes and how? meaning what percentage for what day (25% on first day.. etc) also i was thinking about dropping a bulb or two in there to try and grow live plants.. is this a bad idea? and also i need to get him a heater.. will a 7v be too much? its for 2-5 gallons and some of the reviews on this heater said they use it for their 1.5 gallon i just have to unplug it on hotter days. i dont have the money to move him to a bigger tank right now. i thought 1.5 wouldve been sufficient.
After a tank is cycled I usually do 25% water change once a week. Not sure about the plants. The 7w heater would be fine for a 2 gallon or smaller. Not sure if it'll be good enough for 5 you might need a 10w heater.
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #2370 
Aluyasha

Here is some updated pictures of my 6.6 gallon. I added a background for each side and a blue mug on each side and gave Caligula a little plant.
Caligula's side:

Gyger's side:

Whole tank:
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank