Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #1 
gahcrazy

lil people ;)

I know this might sound (be) strange, but did ya ever get the feeling that your female Bettas are lil people stuck inside a fish body? i'm like 2 billion times bigger than they are, yet they have NO Fear of me whatsoever. This just seems strange to me for some reason. They watch my every move, go out of the way to be a part of what i'm doing, like for example if i start moving things around, instead of fleeing in terror they run up to see whats up.
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #2 
bettamaniac

it would seem that way with all bettas considering that each one has its own personality unlike schooling fish which all act the same and one reason I agree with you is how some bettas are more aggressive than others just like how some people are meaner and more aggressive than others
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #3 
gahcrazy

yep, they are an unusal pet.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #4 
Luimeril

maybe they ARE little people, stuck inside fish bodies. that's why they seem so human-like at times. :O
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #5 
Jupiter

Oh, my females had a ton of personality. If I put a hand in the tank, some would flee, some would follow around curiously, and some would attack my hand.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 AM   #6 
dipsydoodlenoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahcrazy View Post
I know this might sound (be) strange, but did ya ever get the feeling that your female Bettas are lil people stuck inside a fish body? i'm like 2 billion times bigger than they are, yet they have NO Fear of me whatsoever. This just seems strange to me for some reason. They watch my every move, go out of the way to be a part of what i'm doing, like for example if i start moving things around, instead of fleeing in terror they run up to see whats up.

My girls are VERY nosey and always want to know what is going on (as does my male), however I swear my girls were kangaroos in previous lives as they are forever jumping!
dipsydoodlenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #7 
gahcrazy

so true so true, there are times when i think that they think i need thier help with whatever it is i;m doing. Maybe we should treat them better just incase we will answer too them in the next life. lol
Old 01-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #8 
Bettaluver4evr

Kangaroos, LOL! My first and second bettas must have been kangaroos at some point too, my first betta, a little girl, would jump when my back was turned, and my second betta, a male, ended up dying from jumping. My bettas now definitely have personalities. My CT loves flaring at any moving thing, swimming and watching you. My VT loves flaring at my kitty and showing off his pretty fins. My HM loves chillin by the filter, playing follow the finger, and eating. Whoops, all of my bettas love eating. LOL! I hope they weren't people at some time though! Because when they get mad at you, they get all grouchy and grumpy... hehe.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #9 
gahcrazy

yea, my best Jumper died a few weeks ago, anywhere between 2 and 3 inches up and halfway across the tank. must have been or going to be a gymst, lol
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #10 
Bettaluver4evr

Goodness! Yikes, what a jumper! Hehe. My first bettas lived a few years in bowls, no cover, that is why they could jump. :D
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote