Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #2371 
danifacetastic

I like everyones tank!
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #2372 
dew

Apacolpse I like your tank but the java fern needs to be planted on wood or weighed down with a rock or it will die. :)
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #2373 
Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew View Post
Apacolpse I like your tank but the java fern needs to be planted on wood or weighed down with a rock or it will die. :)
It's tied onto a rock, you just can't see it in the picture for some reason. It's not buried in the gravel.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #2374 
small fry

This is my new male betta! I think he might be a DT, but I am not sure.

Unfortunately, he is in a bowl right now, but I plan to upgrade him to a 5g tank as soon as Walmart has them in stock!
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSCN3095.jpg

I am SO happy and proud to be the owner of 2 beautiful bettas!
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #2375 
lilchiwolf

My tanks!
Attached Images

lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #2376 
amandiepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3P View Post
After a tank is cycled I usually do 25% water change once a week. Not sure about the plants. The 7w heater would be fine for a 2 gallon or smaller. Not sure if it'll be good enough for 5 you might need a 10w heater.
i'll give that a try. do i take him out before i do the 25% water changes while i'm pouring in the new treated water? if so how long do i keep him out of the water for? and my tank is 1.5 gallons i think the 2 gallon heater will be fine. i dont think they make heaters for less than 2 gallons do they?
amandiepants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #2377 
boro

I have been browsing through more than half of this thread and have really enjoyed seeing everyone's tanks...they are kinda like an expression of a person's individualism and creativity...

I'll be posting mine up tomorrow once the final additions are made in preparation for the community tank.
boro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #2378 
Kestrel

@small fry If he is DT I think it's just barely. He almost more looks like a plakat though with those short fins, which I like. And it looks like he might have some pretty awesome coloring once he's adapted!
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #2379 
demonr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandiepants View Post
i'll give that a try. do i take him out before i do the 25% water changes while i'm pouring in the new treated water? if so how long do i keep him out of the water for? and my tank is 1.5 gallons i think the 2 gallon heater will be fine. i dont think they make heaters for less than 2 gallons do they?
Yes, they do. There is a small round heater and also a rectangular, both are flat and take up very minimal space. One word of caution though is that they are preset to a certain temp and can only keep up to about 7 degrees of ambient so if you are like me and keep your house at arctic +2 then the heater is pretty much useless. :)
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #2380 
Dragonlady

Here is part of a juvie betta's former home until "she" developed into a male. It must be the alien skull. lol

Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank