Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #1 
bettagirl28

Talking I'm addicted !! O:

I got him in September 2010. He's so funny. Whenever I go to the tank, he swims to the top and swims around very quickly cos he thinks I'm gonna give him food. . Silly Gilbert.

He is a veiltail. When I got him his caudal fin was already half way split, then a couple days after owning him, it split fully. It's slowly getting better and growing back.

I'm thinking of getting more silk plants and perhaps a little cave to hide and relax in.

These pictures are from about a month ago, I put in the heater about two weeks ago so I didn't get the chance to take pictures w/ the heater in it.

He's currently in a 3 gallon Crescent Tank. I believe it's made by Marineland.

**I'm addicted to him<3 Oh Goshh, he's the best.

Any more suggestions on how to keep my baby happy?

Last edited by bettagirl28; 01-26-2011 at 10:08 PM.
bettagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #2 
ChicagoPete

Wow hes neat lookin. ^.^
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #3 
wolfdreamer

very pretty
wolfdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #4 
FuulieQ

Aw. He's gorgeous.

I think more silk plants and a hidey cave are both great ideas! It depends on the fish, though, what will make them happy. My first betta loved this betta log I got him, but when I gave it to my second, I've not caught him sitting in it even once.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #5 
bettagirl28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
Aw. He's gorgeous.

I think more silk plants and a hidey cave are both great ideas! It depends on the fish, though, what will make them happy. My first betta loved this betta log I got him, but when I gave it to my second, I've not caught him sitting in it even once.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was thinking of getting him that betta log thing, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea since he's in a 3 gallon and those things are kind of big.

Also, I was thinking of getting another betta and placing him or her into a large critter keeper. Should I get a male or female?
bettagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #6 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettagirl28 View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was thinking of getting him that betta log thing, but I'm not so sure it's a good idea since he's in a 3 gallon and those things are kind of big.

Also, I was thinking of getting another betta and placing him or her into a large critter keeper. Should I get a male or female?
Yeah, it is kind of big. But as long as you get the size made specially for bettas, it's not too bothersome. And although I haven't caught my guy hanging out in it, I did notice him sleeping ON TOP of it this morning. I don't think he's getting the idea.

It's really up to your personal preference. As long as you're not planning to breed, I don't think Gilbert will mind either way. You also might get a girl if you're planning on putting together a sorority in the future.

Personally, I always just walk into the shop and see who calls to me. :) That's how I wound up with Robert.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #7 
Jupiter

He's got some lovely long fins!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #8 
PewPewPew

Awww! He looks like my Macceroni :B <3 What a nice lookin' guy ;D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #9 
Titus Flame

How about holding a mirror in front of the tank and seeing if he will flare at his reflection. My betta Titus loved to do that.
Titus Flame is offline   Reply With Quote