Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #11 
peachesxo

I was obsessed with the idea of having a cat since i had 4 at my mom's place but moved into my own place reccently, but instead... went for a betta in a 10 gallon. I work too much, and I'll never have to worry about coming home to betta poo and pee all over my couch and/or bed.

On Monday (his first day alone while i was at work because I got him Sunday) i came back and got so stoked... he swam up to me and then swam around his tank as though he was showing me the places he had "discovered" that day. he'd go to one plant place, do his thing, go to the cave, hide, pop his head out at stare at me, go back over to another plant, hold himself between it and the glass, then go into the other cave back out the other end, then had swam up around to the lower outer level of it where he sat until i found him sitting there staring at me because i had no idea where he had gone.

seeeeew cute.

Last edited by peachesxo; 01-26-2011 at 09:51 PM.
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #12 
Aluyasha

My husband does not understand my Betta obsession. I keep wanting more because I love them and I like cleaning their tanks and getting them new plants and things like that. But he just thinks the more we get the more money we spend on them. And I think he thinks that I will eventually tire of Bettas.
I will NEVER tire of Bettas!!! :]
And other people may say we are odd for our Betta bug. But look how many members there are on here, I think we are normal on Bettafish.com. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:14 AM   #13 
c4talys7

My roommate thinks I'm hoarding Bettas. I only have two! Lol I just got into the whole Betta care thing and it's so awesome! I love my fish :)
c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:47 AM   #14 
cjayBetta

I realized my obsession this morning... I went to turn on his light when I woke up and noticed the start of a bubble nest and got all excited! My Husband told me I was weird and that he needs to get me out more.
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #15 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxo View Post
lol

im addicted to bettas...

and smoking.
Same here.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #16 
lilchiwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4talys7 View Post
My roommate thinks I'm hoarding Bettas. I only have two! Lol I just got into the whole Betta care thing and it's so awesome! I love my fish :)
Just 2? I have 9! #10 might be coming home with me today or tomorrow
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #17 
Bettaluver4evr

Agh, I'm completely obcessed with bettas, and it is driving me and my mom crazy. She says no more bettas til one of mine dies, I can only come on this website once a day, things like that. It's cool with me, I'm trying to chill the disease. Betta disease. Hehe. But I think it is getting better already. I love bettas, but 3 is good enough for me. Don't need more.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #18 
lilchiwolf

I now have 10! I am stopping there till I move and get my hands on more tanks. Might be a while though. Till then, I wont get any more unless one dies off and has to be replaced. I hate having and empty spot in a tank. Looks tacky :P
lilchiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #19 
Bettaluver4evr

Hehe, 10 is more than 3, yes. :P You win. :D Aaah, I hope my Liberty gets better soon! Yes, maybe it is just a betta, but he's so sweet. And bettas are such cute pretty lil fishies.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #20 
c4talys7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchiwolf View Post
Just 2? I have 9! #10 might be coming home with me today or tomorrow
I wish I could get more! But I figured TSA would only let me get away with taking two on the plane when I go back home. So getting more once I get back though, I love their personalities. Where do you keep your 9 (almost 10) Bettas? Like what is their tank size? I have a 14gal tall and was wondering if it would be acceptable to divide it 3 ways instead of the 2 I am doing.
c4talys7 is offline   Reply With Quote