Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #11 
wallywestisthebest333

You could fill it with water and put a marimo algae ball in there! =] They're living creatures (technically) and you could name it too! XD
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #12 
Bettaluver4evr

Oh my goodness, I loooooove your VT!!! He is soooo cute, his fins are so pretty! And that crowntail looks marvelous, but that tank is kinda small. Your betta tank is great, wonderful job saving a Build A Betta fish! I felt so bad when I went in Petco yesterday, all of the leftover fish were sick and dying. Your betta is adorable, and thank goodness you got a tank with a filter instead of a 1/2 gallon bowl for him. I love that tank. Cute decor. And cute fish! Way to go.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 PM   #13 
sab4758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
Yes, that means change all of the water every other day.
Ok thanks for the clarification :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
Wow, no thank you for the help! It had boat loads of helpful things and I want those tanks! As soon as Im able to afford another tank like that I will do so ASAP, hopefully very soon.

Thanks again for all the help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonr6 View Post
Welcome and congratulations on your recent purchase. You will find there is a lot of useful information on here and some really nice, helpful people too.
Thanks for the input, trust me I want to see Cornelius out of that tank bad. I want to get him a tank like I have for now, but knowing my boyfriend I feel like it would piss him off, A) Because it cost less then the one he bought B)He will feel like his tank is a waste and he spent $20 on nothing. (lol), uhhh why is this so difficult. But thanks again for the help and welcome.
sab4758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #14 
sab4758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Oh my goodness, I loooooove your VT!!! He is soooo cute, his fins are so pretty! And that crowntail looks marvelous, but that tank is kinda small. Your betta tank is great, wonderful job saving a Build A Betta fish! I felt so bad when I went in Petco yesterday, all of the leftover fish were sick and dying. Your betta is adorable, and thank goodness you got a tank with a filter instead of a 1/2 gallon bowl for him. I love that tank. Cute decor. And cute fish! Way to go.
Aw thank you very much for the compliments on Geddy and Cornelius! :) And I agree 100% with you about the tank, as soon as I can purchase one and convince my boyfriend he needs a bigger tank, at least a one gallon he will have one. And I do not like the BAB deal at all. The artists rendition of the betta on the back of the paper is so stupid as the betta is all smiley, but in reality that would not be the case if it stayed in those tiny plastic bowls. Also I chose Geddy over this beautiful Crowntail because I knew he would have a better chance to be purchased by someone with actual interest in Betta care, where as Geddy my VT was just another BAB fish and I did not want to see him go to a poor owner, plus he was the first one I saw and I grew attached instantly. But thanks a bunch again!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #15 
Bettaluver4evr

He really is beautiful, I love the clear dark bit at the end of his tail, it is very interesting and adds character. And oh my goodness, I know! I went into Petco 2 days ago to get some cave things for my bettas. I asked a representative for some help, "What type of decoration would you reccomend for a betta?" and he immediately replied "We don't have any caves that will fit in a bowl." That was his whole statement. Seriously. He immediately assumed my poor bettas were in like, 1/4 gallon bowls. My mom was like "Oh no, we keep our bettas in 1 gallon tanks. Filtered. Anything that will fit in there?" And I'm like, Thank you mom! Hehe. These petco people think bettas do better in bowls. I have seen the difference, and although my bettas were healthy in 1/2 gallon tanks, they are doing much better in their big tanks. I looooove your betta, he is lucky to have such a great home.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #16 
sab4758

I liked that about him as well! :) But I hear you, and its awful but I know what you mean, the sad thing is that I really never gave it too much thought, or thought anything was wrong until I did betta fish research and now I understand, and I feel like that is how most of the world is. So you cant fault most, but pet store employees should know a little more then most.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #17 
Bettaluver4evr

Yeah, I know. And bettas can be happy and healthy in bowls for several years. My mom had a betta a few years ago that lived in a vase, untreated tapwater and a betta bulb. We fed it and cleaned the vase every few weeks, and he lived for 3 years! His name was Penny, I think. Hehe. But my bettas do seem more active in bigger tanks.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #18 
scootshoot

Well done! Particularly love Cornelius, that blue body with green fins is amazing
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #19 
sab4758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
Yeah, I know. And bettas can be happy and healthy in bowls for several years. My mom had a betta a few years ago that lived in a vase, untreated tapwater and a betta bulb. We fed it and cleaned the vase every few weeks, and he lived for 3 years! His name was Penny, I think. Hehe. But my bettas do seem more active in bigger tanks.
Yea, Cornelius is never active, or rarely ever flares. But Geddy is always flaring and swimming fast and chasing his food. I hope Corn is just fine for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootshoot View Post
Well done! Particularly love Cornelius, that blue body with green fins is amazing
Thank you, yes he is very pretty, I just wish he looked happier :/