Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #21 
kfish

I'm totally obsessed.... I think my boyfriend must be very tired of me talking about all the cute things Mr. Fish did that day. He doesn't say anything about it, though. XD

My mom got me my fish and has told me that she got it so it would be a cheap, low-maintenance pet to keep me company in my dorm... and I've turned it into a 200 dollar fish. Rofl.

I WANT MORE! Not until I'm out of college :P
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #22 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
I'm totally obsessed.... I think my boyfriend must be very tired of me talking about all the cute things Mr. Fish did that day. He doesn't say anything about it, though. XD

My mom got me my fish and has told me that she got it so it would be a cheap, low-maintenance pet to keep me company in my dorm... and I've turned it into a 200 dollar fish. Rofl.

I WANT MORE! Not until I'm out of college :P
Oh I know, when i first went and got my betta and his little tank thing it cost me 50 bucks, thought i was all set-up with no more spending to do for a long while..
BUT THEN...

I found this forum,...
was back at the store 2 days later, buying a 10 gallon because I had one of those awful little half gallon things...
back again 2 days later because i wanted something else...
then was back again today to get some live plants (anubias!! yay!!)

so now my little betta habit, which has only been in progress 11 days now... has cost me just under 400 dollars.

meh.
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #23 
peachesxo

I haven't seen him go anywhere near his 3 new anubias!
I wish i could re-do the whole tank but i don't need to do a water change yet and im not going to put him through the stress of me digging around in there trying to make everything look perfect and put in the perfect place yet hahaha
aah!!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #24 
kfish

XD I added a bunch of new live plants today, too.

I'm sure he won't stress too much if you move stuff around!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #25 
tsoto80

This seems to be a girl thing lol any men posted yet in this thread? I guess girls can get away with calling their betta their BF but if a guy calls his betta his GF- CREEPY lol! YAY for double standards
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:52 PM   #26 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
This seems to be a girl thing lol any men posted yet in this thread? I guess girls can get away with calling their betta their BF but if a guy calls his betta his GF- CREEPY lol! YAY for double standards
Ahahaha I will admit, this is true.

Should I take out all his fake plants?
I took one out there are still 2...
I don't think he "dislikes" them but but i don't know !

i only got 3 anubias and its a 10 gallon
Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #27 
kfish

I took out the rest of the fake plants today (still had two left) because I noticed a small tear on my fish's fin. I ordered from www.plantedaquariumscentral.com (code BETTAFISH gets you 10% off). I now have 8 plants in 5 gallons, lol.

3 Anubias would leave it a bit barren. It's up to you, though! I love live plants! I'm getting increasingly crazy about them, lol. Almost as obsessed as I am with my fish! You can always get more. :)
Old 01-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #28 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
I took out the rest of the fake plants today (still had two left) because I noticed a small tear on my fish's fin. I ordered from www.plantedaquariumscentral.com (code BETTAFISH gets you 10% off). I now have 8 plants in 5 gallons, lol.

3 Anubias would leave it a bit barren. It's up to you, though! I love live plants! I'm getting increasingly crazy about them, lol. Almost as obsessed as I am with my fish! You can always get more. :)
yeah, ill probably get more soon, sigh.
i took out the fake ones because im paranoid about him possibl hurting his fins even tho i did the "test" with pantyhouse... not sure i trusted it. lol, even thought it passed.
i haven't noticed any fin loss but
just in case :)

its not just the 3 anubias its also a big rock cave and then a little rock cave and a hollow log thingy, but yeah, i want more plants !!!!!!!
hmmmph
Old 01-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #29 
kfish

It took 4 months for Mr. Fish to tear his fins on those plants... he had them in his original (too little) tank, too. I thought they were fine... but apparently not! I'm not absolutely certain that the plants are what did it, but they probably are. They had a few sharp-ish corners.

I love heavily planted tanks. I want to make a Walstad tank that's completely ground covered with riccia and dwarf grass and pearl grass. And just full of so many plants... I don't want anything that's not natural in it.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:43 AM   #30 
peachesxo

Oh my god.
So I used one of the old fake plants as a filter baffle, he seems SO MUCH HAPPIER NOW it is crazy, and he was so happy before!!
I think he's trying to make a bubblenest, he blew a flew, but they popped. He was exploring around a lot and then i went to go wash my face and when i came back he was curled up in his tiny cave having a nap!!!
I almost died it was so cute

ANYWAYS
HERE'S SUMO AND HIS NEW SET UP