I am about to begin breeding bettas for an independent project. Of course, im going to have a control group as well as the test group along with multiple generations of bettas.
Some things I wanted to ask this community rather than take the opinions of youtube and various other sites:
1) Will having a background to the breeding tank effect the temperament of the fish?
2) What gravel/soil is ideal for bettas?
3) Is obtaining correct water pH crucial?
4) How can one determine the aggression of a male against another male?
5) What filter is ideal for the tank once fry are present?
Thanks for any input you can give as well as any other tid bits of information.