Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2011, 03:35 AM   #1 
Aluyasha

Question Tank Review

I was thinking about getting one of those Tetra Water Wonders 1.5 Gallon tanks and was wondering, before I buy it, what all your opinions are about it. I read some reviews and the complaints were mostly about the light being too weak. Just curious.
Thanks. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:37 AM   #2 
BlueHaven

I almost got that one once, but decided not too.
I think it might be a good one, but I think the reason it is said to have a low light is because it is a smaller LED light. Some people say it works well though, so I guess it depends on the person.
You could still turn the LED off and use a lamp beside it instead, with a flourescent light. :)
BUT I'm not sure if a heater will fit in that tank with much room...
And the filter it has might not work that well, but that wouldn't really matter with a 1.5 gallon tank, it's fine not being cycled...as long as it is kept clean!

Is this for a betta fish?
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #3 
Aluyasha

Yes, just one Betta.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #4 
PewPewPew

I had, and my boyfriend had, that very tank for about 6 months.
It was a great tank, albiet smaller than the recommended 2+gallons.
My boy loved it, and I was able to comfortably heat it with my 10w Marineland (a skinnier heater) and plant it with fake plants (Wasnt into real..)
It means more frequent WCes, but eh. I can see one female living in there really really well, but males can too :B <3
The little light wont grow anything, no, but its unabraisive to the fish (not too harsh) and can be repositioned and tilted to wherever you want it to point, which is nice for creating a dark spot for sleepin' and a light spot for playing :D
The filter it comes with is (forgive me..) crap though. Its terrible, useless really. BUT its hooked to an external (though unadjustable) airrator, which is awesome for airstones with a modified Tvalve :D (I did that!) I never used the filter.

But yeah... lol

If youre interested in it, Id say, eh- go for it. <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #5 
Aluyasha

Thanks for the info. :)
Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #6 
PewPewPew

^w^
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #7 
demonr6

I too have used this tank in the past. It was my first tank we kept our Marco in for well over a year and he was quite happy in it. We had a small Anubias and Java Fern with a small bridge that he would hide under. I agree that the filter sucks and you can probably get away with another, you would have to experiment. Nothing too big that would make the area in the tank less than what it is though. With frequent water changes the filtration should not be a horrible issue.

Insofar as a tank heater I posted a link in a previous thread on heaters for a small undergravel filter that PetSmart sells which should be readily available in other pet stores. So long as your ambient temp is not really cold, it can maintain at 76 degrees pretty easily.

The light sucks, not much positive to say about it. With plants in my tank, it was not good at all so I purchased an aftermarket light and used it in place. It's an LED not meant for plants really and is kind of dim in my opinion.

You can take apart the tank fairly easy which is great for cleaning. The top rim and base separate and you are left with the cube which you can then clean out thoroughly when you want which is a good thing.

I also had a ghost shrimp in Marco's tank which pretty much cleaned up his waste so it was a very tidy and neat setup. I upgraded to a 5 gallon tank and currently it serves duty as a quarantine tank. For the money, as a starter tank it is a very good value for the money.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote