Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #11 
Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalayaBee View Post
He seems to be swimming normally this morning... And the temperature in the tank has come up a bit. I moved the bowl to a room that stays warmer, and is a bit closer to a vent for heat. It's at about 73F, which is still a bit low... But getting better. He's eating great, although he's more interested in the bloodworms than the little pellets. He's really active, which is a bit surprising to me given the temperature in the bowl.

Thanks for all the help and advice! :)
Hi, I am fairly new here as well, but have had the same situation with food. Mine would not eat anything for a while, so I got the dried bloodworms. They do say on the pkg though you should not feed Dried Bloodworms all the time. (Just FYI) And my Betta would pick a Betta pellet and spit it out, I thought they were too big, and took 2 spoons and broke them up a little and now he eats them. I only give him the Bloodworms for a treat now.
Oh, and I have a 3.5 Gal and got one of the heaters from Wal-Mart, that did not have an adjustment, I found that it would never go above 76 degrees and would vary a lot at night. So....I went to Feeders Supply and got a better one with a thermostat and now it stays right at 80, which he loves. Thought I would mention this and keep you from making the same mistake I did.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by Wildcat; 01-28-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Correction on Pellets
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #12 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Hi, I am fairly new here as well, but have had the same situation with food. Mine would not eat anything for a while, so I got the dried bloodworms. They do say on the pkg though you should not feed Dried Bloodworms all the time. (Just FYI) And my Betta would pick a Betta pellet and spit it out, I thought they were too big, and took 2 spoons and broke them up a little and now he eats them. I only give him the Bloodworms for a treat now.
Oh, and I have a 3.5 Gal and got one of the heaters from Wal-Mart, that did not have an adjustment, I found that it would never go above 76 degrees and would vary a lot at night. So....I went to Feeders Supply and got a better one with a thermostat and now it stays right at 80, which he loves. Thought I would mention this and keep you from making the same mistake I did.
Hope this helps.
Totally right.. it is best when the temp is warm but stays the same. I also made this mistake with my first betta.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote