Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #21 
Weasel F.

thanks, this is 8yrs in the making. I've added like I said 20 more 20g tanks. Then i went in 1.5yrs ago and added self cleaning flow systems to the top and middle tanks. Then added drains in the floor to help the bottom roll of tanks drain into the floor with out every having to touch a single tank. Are at least that was the plan. I have 2 rolls on the north wal that still rechouir some help with a addtional pump for some reason.
the two 125g tanks have a drip system on them so the water is changed on it's owe with out every having to do anything. It rolls over 4 times a day. The sumps for the top and middle rolls of tanks go throw two rubber mded tubs {80g} there's 6 filter middums that the water goes throw before entering a holding sump of 35g, then pumped back nto the tanks. By means of a drip system. The waters filtered throw a layer of polie fill { used in pellow or blanket stuffing.} then it goes throw a layer of bio balls, then crushed caramices, another layer of polifill fiber laying on top a 6in thick sponges. then the fianl layer is another set of biobals and crushed ciramics.
I have 3 yrs of expearamenting with differnt types of filtering matiral before i found this set-up. It works great. i havn't changed the filting set-up in 2yrs To me the water stays cleaner longer then every before. New water isn't addded to the top and middle tanks but every 3 to 4 moths.

i have 9 differnt types or tail types of bettas and around 2000+ of them. I have started hatching Apistos and jagurs also. maybe a oscar or two. I'm also on a F2 fry of electric blue jack dempseys.
Weasel F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #22 
Rue

OMG!!!

This is SERIOUS fish-keeping...

I am suitably awed!!!!
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #23 
Steffiweff

My kids absolutely love your betta collection, Weasel.

I think they'd love it if I followed suit. Suffice to say, that is not happening!

Aquablue is gorgeous. We are loving the gold one and the veil tail. Beautiful!
Steffiweff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #24 
squiggles1

Wow, incredible collection. I tried breeding 2 vt. Things seemed to go well, they, er, did it and the male kept the eggs in the nest. But they never hatched so maybe he was to old to fertilize them. I'm not sure his exact age but I read that they do their best breeding around 6 months old (correct me if i'm wrong) and i know he's older then that. i wish i could get a betta like yours but nowhere around here would ever have them. I'ld have to order one. People around here are just discovering crown tails. Right now I have a blue vt, red vt and a female. I love the half moons, they're sooo impressive.
squiggles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #25 
Rue

I just purchased a plakat...he's pretty cute! I hadn't ever seen (or heard) of one before...took me a while to figure out exactly what he was...
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote