Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #11 
turtle10

Just make sure you have a place to put all the bettas, and please pleeease wait at least a few weeks before breeding your female.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #12 
jschristian44

yeah ive been asking tons of questions, and i think theyve all been very helpful with me deciding. i thought crowntails and veilteils would be fine for breeding. i really like the mustard gas, but i know you need a male halfmoon. i wanted to just breed this betta i got because i had him and didnt want to buy another male. the crowntail was cheap and she is really pretty and similar in color. i think it will be fine, thank you!
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #13 
jschristian44

i am going to wait to put in the female, even though it will eat me away inside, i know it's best, don't worry.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
i am going to wait to put in the female, even though it will eat me away inside, i know it's best, don't worry.
lol. I know it's hard to wait but like you said, it's for the best.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-30-2011 at 01:38 AM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #15 
jschristian44

yep.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 AM   #16 
Tsuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
yeah thanks for the posts, i figured i wouldnt get close to what i paid, but it really wasnt that much and i paid it just for the learning experience. what would be the best breed to mix with a veiltale? another veiltale? i see some bettas on aquabid for like 14 plus 15 shipping and they sell, but i am sure those people know what theyre doing a bit better i dont know. as for the fry food, im gonna feed them infusia the first week, then put my baby brine shrimp auto hatcher in there, and then use freeze dried bloodworms and crushed betta pellets. ive researched it all, dont worry.
Well...I've been lurking Aquabid for a while..and I hardly see any bettas in the veiltail section...just one guy selling a betta starter home with supplies you can buy at petsmart, and one guy about two months ago selling 50(?) veiltails in one go, and each individual male averaged to be about $2. If you're going to breed, I would suggest getting a different male.
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #17 
JKfish

IMO,you might want to rethink your feeding plans. The BBS is good, however you might want to have several different other live food cultures so you know your fry are getting all the nutrients they need to grow healthy and big quickly. Freeze dried bloodworms and pellets might, though probably won't, be accepted at a young age.

Last edited by JKfish; 01-30-2011 at 11:31 AM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #18 
turtle10

JKfish is right, they shouldn't feed on protein alone.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #19 
jschristian44

what else do you suggest? i meant after about a month when they are like an inch, i can feed them crushed pellets and cut up dried bloodworms. what else do you suggest i get? i hear feed them off your live plants for the first week, baby brine shrimp until the males are fighting each other, then your normal adult food crushed up...
Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #20 
JKfish

oh, well around a month is fine for dry foods. I was under the assumption you meant younger. As for other foods, there's vinegar eels, microworms, etc. Have you checked out 1F2F's thread about different sorts of foods? Also, if you want/need to buy microworms and vinegar eels, I think Mr.Vampire sells them.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote