*Squeals like a little girl* I knew it! It's FINALLY happened!
After 4 or 5 weeks of nothing from that dumb shrimp method I added Neon for the fish in cycle. I forgot to change the water for two days and the ammonia was rising startelingly fast so I did a MAAAASSIVE water change. Before that I tested the water and walked away.
I just looked at the results, and nearly died when I saw I finally had nitrites. It took 5 or 6 weeks, but they've shown up!
I haven't retested yet, but I probably killed alot of bacteria... oops. I removed almost all the anarchis because the anarchis I had ordered online were dying (The one from my LFS is just fine) And there was debries everywhere, so in total I probably did a 150% water change... heh. I had to turn off the filter for half an hour or it would have broken to get all that dead plant matter. I turned it back on and saw masses of algae on the glass and wiped it. But my remaining plants, part of the ornament, all the gravel, and the sides and back of the tank stayed wet. The filter might have too... I don't know because it was half an hour.
But basically, MASSIVE water change probably killed off lots of bacteria. But seeing as many surfaces remained wet, the bacteria should still be there. I'll update in a few minutes after I test the water to be certain if it's still there.
But anyways, I just screamed and exploded when I saw the results, so I just had to post it. Lol.