Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #21 
sericinda

Try this instead...even more elegant since Bettas, when in new/bad situations, tend to hide at the bottom and "deflate" their fins for lack of better wording...they don't look all that pretty in that bowl at all.

Do a tall, SQUARE vase (round distorts), add a dark sand to the bottom, a flower if wanted and a blown glass fish. You can find them pretty cheap in bulk if you search.

Skip any other plans for favours (they usually are more work than needed and no one really cares for little bags of candy or candles or all that junky little stuff anyhow) and let the guests take home a blown glass fish. It will always remind them of you and your wedding and it's something most people really would like to keep.

Just a thought!
sericinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #22 
TianTian

Wow! Those are gorgeous!! Thanks for the wonderful suggestion! I'll definitely give it some serious thought! :D
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #23 
doggyhog

Those fish ARE gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #24 
bettamaniac

where can I get fake goldfish like that because I want to get a bowl and put those fake goldfish in it
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #25 
naturegirl243

My uncle's wedding reception had bettas in vases with a stick of bamboo in it.That's how I got my beloved Carlisle I miss him so much.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #26 
SmokeNLark

Actually, (and I've been embarrassed to say this for fear of getting flamed) I had bettas at my grad party. That's actually how I got back into them. I wanted something different for a centerpiece and I thought of bettas. I never knew they were used for weddings. I figured out I wanted to get 14 of them for the tables. They had small vases, that were bigger than their cups, and gravel. It was during the summer and in a building at the park so they would be plenty warm enough.

Now, I made sure I had homes for them BEFORE I had my grad party. None were "raffled off". I typed up care sheets myself and asked friends and family if they wanted them. I wouldn't have done this if I didn't have homes for them already prearranged. I even had most people pick out which ones they wanted before the party and i put tape with their name on it on the bottom of the bowl. I did have 2 red VTs leftover, but I figured I could care for them until I found someone to take them. Luckily, one of the caterers had a gf who was in love with bettas. She sounded to be really knowledgeable. So he took one and another caterer took the other.

It actually worked out nicely. They were only there for about 4 hours and none seemed too stressed. Everyone loved it and it kept kids occupied. I took every measure to make sure they were cared for and it worked.
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #27 
Pekemom

I don't trust people to take good care of the fish. I say go with the fake fish. You'll sleep better at night knowing no one mistreated the bettas.
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #28 
DazzleKitty

Wow, this is an old thread, right?

I think the betta centerpiece idea is really a pretty idea, but it does impose on guests. If I were to do that, I'd make an announcement somewhere during the wedding that those who can take one home and give it the proper care can. You could buy some critter keepers to have on hand for those who want to take one home (and return the rest to the store of there are no takers for them). And if you don't have takers.....well, I'd advise that you at least have a way to keep them all or see if there is a fish store in the area you can donate them to. Or even craigslist them off. But I can understand that it may sound appealing as you don't know who will get it and how they will care for it.
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote