Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2011, 01:17 AM   #11 
LucyLoofa

I've had three advertising classes, six digital media classes, and more art classes than I can count.
Just a suggestion: Photoshop is good for some things but not all.

Adobe Illustrator is what you'll want for a logo. It uses a math-based system called Vector.

The reason Vector based images are preferred for logos is that they can be resized as many times as you want without the file losing data or any "pixelation" occuring. (the grainy look you get when blowing up or reducing image size)

Photoshop is a Raster based program that deals in pixel editing.
What Photoshop is good for is later things, like poster and advertisement designs. But all that normally comes after the logo.
Just a suggestion.

It's just cleaner than a raster based image and less of a hassle when switching from web to print and back.
Of course for web it's converted to a JPEG, but that's after you'll be changing the size in the AI program. And normally you'll be saving different sizes for different templates etc.
Anywho, give it a google and find some examples of some good vector images.
If you're curious about more, I can show you some photo-realistic vector images too. (as I'm sure you'll get a lot of cheesy shiney junk in the image search haha it's always good for that)
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #12 
Aqua Jon

Hello,

I randomly came across this thread form bettafish.com's sister site. As a part-time freelance graphic designer I 1000% back up LucyLoofa (who sounds like they are studying to be a graphic artist). Logo's should be vector. If I have some free time I could help you out a bit - send me a PM and we can try and get some thing started if not at least help refine what you want. A logo is a very complicated, but remarkably simple graphic. It has to have impact without being complex - that is not easy to do and is why corporations spend millions on their logos. I'll see if I can advise you in the right direction especially if you're serious about your business.
Aqua Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #13 
BettaLover101

Hi, I did a logo for your company in photoshop using my one halfmoon mustard gas male and then put the name of the company in there as well. If you like the layout and just want me to change a few things I can do so. Hope you like it! :) (Sorry the picture is so big)
Attached Images

BettaLover101 is offline   Reply With Quote