Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #11 
Betta Slave

Well, I guess his fins'll grow back after all... OFL knows what she's talking about more than I do.

Bettafix is basically watered down Melafix, which is bad for fish anyway (or so it's been said)- it can damage their labyrinth organs, so it would probably be best not to use it.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #12 
Bettaluver4evr

Okay. I took the filter out. He is flaring at everything and seems to have a lot of energy. Still acting great. Man, I hope his fin grows back!!!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #13 
Bettaluver4evr

I am definitely not getting rid of him! I'm sorry I didn't say this earlier. He is such a sweetie, and unless he gets Ich or something in the next week, he's not goin anywhere. I'm sorry for even thinking it, I am praying it grows back at least mostly. He's acting like it's nothing though! It's hysterical, he will be flaring with his half tail and be like "what? What chu lookin at, huh?" Hehehe. Poor lil guy. But after only a few hours, there was a miniscule little bit of growth on his fins. Not colored yet, but a few millimeters of growth. I hope it heals okay, he is such a dear and his fins are amazing! Waters crystal though, so that should help. :)
Old 02-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #14 
kfish

It might be a long time coming, but I know it'll grow back!

Mr. Fish had almost no fins when I got him. It's been almost 5 months and here's where he's gone from...

They're still growing, as you can see... but they're getting close. They have a few little ripples/inconsistencies from not growing back completely properly. I think they're kind of evening out, though.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 AM   #15 
Abby

Abbys point of veiw: its not a genetic flaw so breeding him could be an option down the track you may even be able to breed another similar...poor butterfly
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #16 
Bettaluver4evr

I know. Well, I sure hope they grow back!!! He's still got a good amount of fin left, but I'm still kinda upset. But I won't take him back, he's so sweet and I couldn't leave him in Petco to die while taking another fish I don't know. I just couldn't do that to the poor thing, and if it takes months, it'll take months. But as long as they do actually grow mostly back, I'll be okay with that. I am thinking about renaming him, actually. Any ideas?
kfish, that is amazing. I thought the betta in the first pic was a girl, because the fins were so little. Wow, they really grew! :) And I think my betta has more to work with fin-wise than yours did, so I hope they grow!