Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 AM   #21 
turtle10

I can't even believe you are still trying to do this. You messed up the first time (because you didn't listen to us) and now you are going to try again with a DIFFERENT female? This really upsets me, especially considering the fact that you are getting rid of the original one.

It wasn't her fault the spawning didn't work out, it was yours. I hate to be harsh but you are making really immature decisions.

Check this out :(
:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1297383434

Last edited by turtle10; 02-04-2011 at 01:46 AM. Reason: more info
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 AM   #22 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover101 View Post
You mean the fry right? Well, if you wanted to do that I would wait until they are around 1 month old, maybe 2, by then they should have had a long enough time to grow up and experience frequent water changes. Just make sure that the 10 gallon has the same temperature as the 2.5 so that they aren't stressed out by the dramatic change in temperature.

Also, make sure you have baby brine shrimp to feed these little guys!
The fry won't fit in the 2.5 at one month old
Old 02-04-2011, 02:27 AM   #23 
baylee767

As stated before... irrisponsible. The only reason I gave you advice is because someone was giving out advice that was off (no offense) Is he going to not breed? Because the only reason I gave him advice was to spare the fry's lives when they came at least (it seemed like he was going to breed no matter what we said). I'd hoped that he'd raise the fry thanks to good advice and realize how hard it is and quit.

Wait, where did he say he was going to try with another female? DON'T!!! You're male is waaaay too old and a VT with genetic probs, and you don't know about breeding yet. You're also breeding for the wrong reason.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:33 AM   #24 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
As stated before... irrisponsible. The only reason I gave you advice is because someone was giving out advice that was off (no offense) Is he going to not breed? Because the only reason I gave him advice was to spare the fry's lives when they came at least (it seemed like he was going to breed no matter what we said). I'd hoped that he'd raise the fry thanks to good advice and realize how hard it is and quit.

Wait, where did he say he was going to try with another female? DON'T!!! You're male is waaaay too old and a VT with genetic probs, and you don't know about breeding yet. You're also breeding for the wrong reason.
I am assuming he is trying with another female because I saw he put the original female up for sale. I swear he had her like a week. The reason I think he is trying again is because he created this thread :/

It hurts to think off all the stress that female has gone through, and now she is going to be shipped out again? Though I doubt anyone will buy her on Aquabid, as her fins are very badly damaged and the total would be over $20.

Last edited by turtle10; 02-04-2011 at 02:36 AM. Reason: more info
Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #25 
BettaLover101

So you all discouraged this member from breeding instead of trying to help them out and now you are hating on them because they are selling their female and trying to spawn a different way?

I do feel bad for this female because of course they shouldn't be selling their fish just because they won't breed, it is still a beautiful female and would make a nice pet.
I don't get why you are all just discouraging this person from breeding though. If you feel that some of my information(which I will agree) was off then respond and state your own advice don't just bash the member.
You really have no reason for stopping this person from spawning, yes they are being a little irresponsible, but they stated that they wouldn't be breeding their pair for a few months so that they could continue to learn about breeding and make sure that they do this right the first time.
So, instead of hating on this member and telling them all of the things that they are doing wrong, correct them, and let them know what they should be doing.
By the way, there are different styles of spawning so don't try and tell this member that it must be done in a heavily planted 10 gallon because that is false information.
BettaLover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #26 
jschristian44

well i woke up this morning to find that theres a ton of eggs from the female floating near the top and shes sitting near them. i TOLD YOU she was ready to breed. everyone was like shes not ready to breed yet. sigh. and if i try again it wont be in the 2.5 gallon dont worry.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #27 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover101 View Post
So you all discouraged this member from breeding instead of trying to help them out and now you are hating on them because they are selling their female and trying to spawn a different way?

I do feel bad for this female because of course they shouldn't be selling their fish just because they won't breed, it is still a beautiful female and would make a nice pet.
I don't get why you are all just discouraging this person from breeding though. If you feel that some of my information(which I will agree) was off then respond and state your own advice don't just bash the member.
You really have no reason for stopping this person from spawning, yes they are being a little irresponsible, but they stated that they wouldn't be breeding their pair for a few months so that they could continue to learn about breeding and make sure that they do this right the first time.
So, instead of hating on this member and telling them all of the things that they are doing wrong, correct them, and let them know what they should be doing.
By the way, there are different styles of spawning so don't try and tell this member that it must be done in a heavily planted 10 gallon because that is false information.

The only time we ever discouraged him from breeding was when he refused to listen to us and just plopped her in. And we DID correct him many, many times and told him what he was doing wrong many, many times. We weren't trying to bash anyone, we are just trying to make sure the fish live happy, healthy lives. And the fact that he is selling her because she wouldn't breed on his irresponsible first attempt just shows that he isn't mature or ready enough to spawn fish. Not trying to be rude, just stating the facts.

I personally have no problem with people breeding the bettas for fun AS LONG as they and the fry are taken care of properly.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:45 PM   #28 
BettaLover101

Fair enough, I see where you are coming from now, sorry for being rude if it seemed so.

Well, the dead is done now and we can't do anything except answer any questions that he has, im assuming there will be more than a couple.
BettaLover101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

No one is saying he shouldn't breed. It's just that he needs to do a lot more research and have the proper equipment to breed. You can't just throw them in a 2 gallon bowl and expect a successful spawn. Maybe an experienced breeder could, IDK. Also, we have some great, experienced breeders here and if I was going to breed my fish, I'd definitely be wanting advice from 1fis2fish, MrV, OFL and a couple others.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:23 AM   #30 
thestompa

If i breed a pair of bettas without heater, Can it affect to the fish or fry ?. And How the other way to warm the water without using heater?
thestompa is offline   Reply With Quote