Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #31 
jschristian44

this is me giving up and going to sleep, night guys.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #32 
jschristian44

and yes i have live food.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #33 
turtle10

Please tell me you aren't putting her back in tomorrow….

:(
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM   #34 
turtle10

UGH I am so worried right now!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #35 
monroe0704

Ok, why is this kid on the forum if he's not listening to experienced breeders? Not including myself in that category btw! The reason we all ask so many questions is to make sure there are very few mistakes during the first spawn. Most of us helped on here will report "mistakes" that aren't life threatening to the pair. Like the egg eating thing, or oops I had my water temp a few degrees too low. Take the advice instead of admitting that you expect to make fairly large mistakes.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #36 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
Ok, why is this kid on the forum if he's not listening to experienced breeders? Not including myself in that category btw! The reason we all ask so many questions is to make sure there are very few mistakes during the first spawn. Most of us helped on here will report "mistakes" that aren't life threatening to the pair. Like the egg eating thing, or oops I had my water temp a few degrees too low. Take the advice instead of admitting that you expect to make fairly large mistakes.
True, and it isn't even mistakes he is making. He is PURPOSELY making wrong decisions. I am also not an experienced betta keeper, but I have the respect and maturity to take proven advice from people who have owned bettas for many years. I also have the respect for bettas to not just experiment with them and move them around just because breeding would be a cool experience, and if I did breed them, I would play it safe and right.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #37 
1fish2fish

Unfortunately with this "breeder" all that is going to happen is tons of dead fish. It seems like if this pair doesn't work out he'll get another, and another and another until he finally looses interest. He refuses to learn about behavior and has a know it all attitude that is making all these thread spams useless wastes of time.

You know that I researched breeding for over a year before I even bought my first pairs?? OVER A YEAR. Then it was another 2 months before I even attempted a spawn and you know what? Both of those spawns were extremely successful (however my raising the spawn afterwards was not). One pair had not a single nipped or torn fin (which is amazing for HMs) and the other only had minor tears from chasing. I attribute my success to patience and taking the time to learn how to do it right the first time out.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #38 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Unfortunately with this "breeder" all that is going to happen is tons of dead fish. It seems like if this pair doesn't work out he'll get another, and another and another until he finally looses interest. He refuses to learn about behavior and has a know it all attitude that is making all these thread spams useless wastes of time.

You know that I researched breeding for over a year before I even bought my first pairs?? OVER A YEAR. Then it was another 2 months before I even attempted a spawn and you know what? Both of those spawns were extremely successful (however my raising the spawn afterwards was not). One pair had not a single nipped or torn fin (which is amazing for HMs) and the other only had minor tears from chasing. I attribute my success to patience and taking the time to learn how to do it right the first time out.
It is just so sad that there is nothing we can do to save them, everyone tried to hard to get this guy to listen, but to no avail :(

Though I have no betta breeding experience, I feel confident enough to agree that your patience attributed to your success. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #39 
HayrideHaunter

ive never bred and havent done much research, but ive read a lot here and even I know that he shouldnt put her back...I cant stand when people are ignorant...poor girl =(
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #40 
BettaLover101

I'm so scared for that poor female, she must be stressed out of her mind.
I'm worried though that:
1. If the spawn is some how successful then he is going to breed him fish again and...
2. If the spawn isn't successful he is probably going to blame the fish instead of himself.
BettaLover101 is offline   Reply With Quote