Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #11 
GienahClarette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
so would you suggest i get a halfmoon to breed with her?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #12 
Nutt007

O_O Please tell me that picture is fake...
Oh, and OP is not thinking about the hundreds of fry he'll have to deal with. Oh and: No one wants VTs any more. Go on Aquabid and and look at VTs and tell me how many are for sale when you get back.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #13 
BettasForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
He still shouldn't be bred...he's a veil tail...no one wants veil tails anymore.
Hm. Maybe I like them.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #14 
Tsuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettasForever View Post
Hm. Maybe I like them.
Would you pay $15 per fish if someone charged for it plus the $38 shipping or so depending what transhipper you used? I like veiltails, too, but not enough to pay that much for them...they're not as highly sought after as the other tail types.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #15 
BettasForever

Nevermind, i'm gonna stay out of this. :3

Last edited by BettasForever; 02-05-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #16 
Sanka101

1. do not say someone else tried to do this and that to her when we all know it was you, i know you want a clean slate but dont lie to us of your self or you will get no where

2. Agression is partially hereditary and unless the people your selling to are just going to use them for food or fighters (which is both sick and wronge) this is not a trait they want and many avaiod extreamly agressive fish.

3. Veil as cute as they are are mostly appealing to new betta/ fish keepers who are looking for a little pet or live decoration and arent really intrested in the quality of fish nor paying more than the $5 you can get them for at a LFS

4. Im glad youve decided to take intrest this time in learning how to breed bettas and not just doing it blindly, but you should let her rest for atleased 1.5-2 monthes before considering even trying that again (which i wouldnt recomend) then if your going to breed her make sure you have the appropriate set up and a DIFFRENT male. Remember its not the fishes fault they didnt breed its yours, so dont go replacing her just because you want to breed right now. take your time and LEARN first.

5. If your breeding it should be to share the exceptional traits a fish has or to share and improve the quality of a line and never be just for the hell of it or to take money. Fish need care, love and dedication and if you cant/ wont give it to them dont keep or ever try to breed them

6. When/ If breeding always remember You cannot blame a fish for not breeding or being agressive, They have prefrences, personalitys and diffrent genetics so they wont always get along or lead to good spawn.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #17 
PewPewPew

I hope this thread gets shot and killed.

Like now.

Because it really needs to be.

...Like NOW.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #18 
tsoto80

I hate it when people talk bad about VT You are judging them based on their tail?? To me that is like as judging humans based on their looks and not personality VT will always be my love *gets dreamy eyes* lol
Old 02-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #19 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
I hate it when people talk bad about VT You are judging them based on their tail?? To me that is like as judging humans based on their looks and not personality VT will always be my love *gets dreamy eyes* lol
i SO AGREE i mean hell look at my VTS and tell me they are ugly:

Melvin:

Benny:

Dastan:

Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #20 
bettafish15

No one is saying VT's are bad, there are just so many VT's out there that there isnt a pure line, so they shouldnt be bred when tons rot in stores already. There are just too many unknown genes in a VT now.

To This Thread:

*Edit: Thanks for the random picspam Abby. No one said they were ugly, just shouldnt be bred.
Closed Thread