Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #1 
amber31190

aqabid question and types in gerneral

this is a really dumn question to start but please bare with me, i saw a betta, i would kill for on the aquabid, though i dont get paid for a while. my question is, is there breeds of betta that look the same, or if the bettas have babies will the all look the same. or if i pass up a betta color is that it, never to see one like it. this betta i am talking about is the color of a betta i wanted, from the get-go and didn't even think the could be a pattern like that
amber31190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #2 
vilmarisv

When you breed bettas you get a combination of the parent's characteristics determined on the traits they each carry (basic genetics).
Some color combinations are more frequently found than others. If you are looking for something specific and rare and you find it, better take the chance because it will be a while until you find that again.
What fish are you looking at on AquaBid?
Most fish on AB don't sell, it's just how it is. So if you absolutely want it, contact the seller about an extension on your payment. I'm sure they'll accomodate you.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #3 
amber31190

it is double tail male, its body is black/red like a checker board, and has a "full moon" red tail with black tips, i was telling my bf about a fish that would look beautiful and jeez there is one that looks like it, i will write the seller, though i need a tank and the whole 9 yards
Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber31190 View Post
it is double tail male, its body is black/red like a checker board, and has a "full moon" red tail with black tips, i was telling my bf about a fish that would look beautiful and jeez there is one that looks like it, i will write the seller, though i need a tank and the whole 9 yards
Buy him now and you'll have up to two weeks before he's even shipped. Ask what transhipper the seller sends to.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #5 
amber31190

hey, this sux, he has got less than a day and and it say my acout takes up to 12 hours to review, I can't even write the seller. i have never ordered anything off line, what do ya mean it takes 2 weeks, sorry again i am dumb to this, and the transhipper, does this explain it on the site. till i found the site i never knew you could even ship fish.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

Quote:
hey, this sux, he has got less than a day and and it say my acout takes up to 12 hours to review, I can't even write the seller. i have never ordered anything off line, what do ya mean it takes 2 weeks, sorry again i am dumb to this, and the transhipper, does this explain it on the site. till i found the site i never knew you could even ship fish.
Once every two weeks or so the Thai betta breeders combine orders and pack the fish into several large boxes and ship them to a licensed importer (transhipper i.e. Linda Olson, Jennifer Vivieros). Then the transhipper sorts the fish, recieves the payment, and ships them to you.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #7 
amber31190

oh ok, i figured that some were from america.. well i hope the sort my registration before it is over.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

Quote:
oh ok, i figured that some were from america.. well i hope the sort my registration before it is over.
Is the seller in America?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #9 
amber31190

no i looked it is kazac.. idk no how to spell it.. i wrote him an email through the one he gave, so maybe we can work somthing out. also i was looking for king bettas, apparently thats not their real name cause the site is not showing any. also have you ever ordered from them, will shipping be crazy high, i dont wanna pay double the price of the fish to ship. the seller didn't show shipping, i thank you so much for helping me.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #10 
MrVampire181

Quote:
no i looked it is kazac.. idk no how to spell it.. i wrote him an email through the one he gave, so maybe we can work somthing out. also i was looking for king bettas, apparently thats not their real name cause the site is not showing any. also have you ever ordered from them, will shipping be crazy high, i dont wanna pay double the price of the fish to ship. the seller didn't show shipping, i thank you so much for helping me.
King bettas are a PetCo scam. I've never bought from that seller. Shipping from Thailand to the US is $5-$8 per fish and then it's $2 handling fee, $2 heat pack fee, $5 box fee, and $35 Express mail shipping or $15 Priority shipping.