Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2011, 02:18 PM   #1 
iheartmybettas

Smile Saying hello...

Hello Everyone!! I am new to the forum as of this weekend. I was worried about one of my crowntail bettas having fin loss or fin rot and needed to do some research. I have been lerking around the forum since. It has really opened my eyes to things I have been doing wrong! So I decided to become a member!

A little bit about me... I have owned bettas off and on for 14 years starting when I was 16. I only had 3 bettas (1 halfmoon and 2 crowntails) each in a 1 gallon tank until 4 days ago..... (warning!! kind of a long winded story) My husband recently purchased a 55 gallon tank which allowed us to upgrade our daughter from a 10 gallon to his old 29. So that left a 10 gallon open and needing to be filled! My husband wanted to divide the tank and get a black betta and a white betta so we went to go purchase said bettas from Petco and Petsmart. They aren't true black or white but close enough for us. Then we went to walmart to look around and there were 2 very pretty but sad looking bettas (there were a lot more than 2 but these especially caught my eye). So Friday night alone we ended up with 4 new bettas. After setting everyone up we decided to divide the 10 gal tank into 3rds so I had to go buy another divider from Petsmart while my husband was at work on Saturday. Bad Idea! I had to buy 1 more for that 3rd section of the 10 gal so why not buy 2 and also get a huge 2.75 gal snifter bowl. Ahhhh! Then a co-worker of my husband gives us an additional 10 gal last night that they didn't want anymore. We talk about halfing it so we go to walmart to get a few essentials and I get 1 more veiltail betta. So that is 7 bettas in 3 days!!! I am done for now but its just so addictive. I have a very addictive personality! (I am also addicted to exclamation points!!) I see how beautiful they are and how horribly they are kept and want them all!! I am sure everyone understand that.

After reading on the forum, I realized I needed to step it up on the water changes and the size of the tanks so I have ordered 6 new 5 gallon tanks that will hopefully get here soon. For anyone interested, a 5 gallon kit is on clearance right now at fish.com for $15!!!! For real!! This is the first time I have ordered from them. They seem legite and crossing my fingers there are no issues there. So all of my tanks are in process which means picture posting won't be until way later. I have some work to do!

Thank you for anyone who made it through that and I look forward to learning even more about how to be a good mom to my 10 bettas as well as get to know everyone. Rambling over!
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Welcome to the forum..... Pictures would be nice. lol
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #3 
iheartmybettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Welcome to the forum..... Pictures would be nice. lol
Thank you Indjo! I will post pics soon!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #4 
Aluyasha

I wish me and my husband would go on a Betta shopping spree. I have to puppy-dog-eye him around the whole store just to get one. :)
Your Bettas sound amazing. Cannot wait for pictures!
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #5 
iheartmybettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
I wish me and my husband would go on a Betta shopping spree. I have to puppy-dog-eye him around the whole store just to get one. :)
Your Bettas sound amazing. Cannot wait for pictures!
Lol! Fortunately my husband and I both love fish (animals really) so it doesn't take much to convince him to get more. This is our joint hobby. We are on our way to getting a sorority set up also. We had an extra 10 gallon so I hinted at the idea and he liked it. I am just crossing my fingers it will work out. It seems kind of iffy based on the threads I have read on here. It's well planted but I still need more caves. I just don't want to have to buy 6 more tanks...
Old 02-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #7 
bloo97

Welcome!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #8 
Abby

welcome :) i bought a wall mountable (like 0.75gal) tank with the intention of getting one. almost a month later i still havent put a better in that crappy little wall mountable thing but have a 23 liter (dastan my avatar) a 1 gal quarentine tank (Melvins currently in QT) a 2 gal critter container (Nero) and two ridiculously small containers with Benny and tamina in them.
my new tank will be here soon *fingers crossed theres no MORE delays grrr* that will hold eight MALES and then ill have my girl tank up.lol
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote